- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Baboon, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Product Format:
- Liquid. 10 mM NaH2PO4, 150 mM NaCl, 0.09% NaN3, pH 7.2
- Mouse IgG1, kappa
- Additional Information:
The BC96 antibody is specific for human CD25, a 55 kDa surface protein also known as the Interleukin-2 Receptor alpha chain, or IL-2R alpha. CD25 may bind IL-2 by itself, although with low affinity and without induction of cell signaling. CD25 is also expressed within a high-affinity complex, along with the IL-2R beta chain (CD122) and the common gamma chain (CD132), to form a signaling receptor complex. Signaling via CD25 may modulate Th17 and Treg cell differentiation, and has been shown to play a role in the function of dendritic cells.
The BC96 antibody may be used as a marker for expression of CD25 during T and B cell development, on activated mature T and B cells, and for its expression at high levels on natural T regulatory cells (nTreg cells) in the thymus or periphery, and on -induced- peripheral Tregs. This antibody is cross-reactive with CD25 in several non-human species, including Baboon, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus and Rhesus.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Printable datasheet for OATA00537
- Application Info:
- This purified format is guaranteed to be >90% pure as determined by SDS-PAGE analysis. Citations are provided as a convenience to you - please consult Materials and Methods sections for additional details about the use of any product in these publications.
- Target Reference:
Willer DO, Ambagala APN, Pilon R, chan JK, Fournier J, Brooks J, Sandstrom P, and MacDonald KS. 2012. J. Virol. 86: 3626-3634. (Flow cytometry - cynomolgus)
Ruffell B, Au A, Rugo HS, Esserman LJ, Hwang ES, and Coussens LM. 2012. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 109: 2796-2801. (Flow cytometry)
Mackroth MS, Malhotra I, Mungai P, Koech D, Muchiri E, and King CL. 2011. J. Immunol. 186: 2780-2791. (Flow cytometry)
Mori T, Miyamoto T, Yoshida H, Asakawa M, Kawasumi M, Kobayashi T, Morioka H, Chiba K, Toyama Y, and Yoshimura A. 2011. Int. Immunol. 23(11):701-712. (Cell sorting / negative selection - T cells)
Wan Q, Kozhaya L, ElHed A, Ramesh R, Carlson TJ, Djretic IM, Sundrud MS, and Unutmax D. 2011. J. Exp. Med. 208: 1875-1887. (Cell sorting / negative selection - T cells)
Verhoeven D, Sankaran S, Silvey M, and Dandekar S. 2008. J. Virol. 82: 4016-4027. (Flow cytometry - rhesus macaque)
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- interleukin 2 receptor subunit alpha
- Alias Symbols:
- p55, CD25, IL2R, IMD41, TCGFR, IDDM10
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- interleukin-2 receptor subunit alpha
- Description of Target:
- The interleukin 2 (IL2) receptor alpha (IL2RA) and beta (IL2RB) chains, together with the common gamma chain (IL2RG), constitute the high-affinity IL2 receptor. Homodimeric alpha chains (IL2RA) result in low-affinity receptor, while homodimeric beta (IL2RB) chains produce a medium-affinity receptor. Normally an integral-membrane protein, soluble IL2RA has been isolated and determined to result from extracellular proteolyisis. Alternately-spliced IL2RA mRNAs have been isolated, but the significance of each is presently unknown. Mutations in this gene are associated with interleukin 2 receptor alpha deficiency.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express IL2RA.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express IL2RA.
- Tips Information: