- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Product Format:
- Liquid. 10 mM NaH2PO4, 150 mM NaCl, 0.09% NaN3, pH 7.2
- Rat IgG2a, kappa
- FC, IHC, IP, EM
- Additional Information:
The MEL-14 antibody is specific for mouse CD62L, also known as L-Selectin, a cell adhesion molecule which facilitates lymphocyte "rolling" on activated vascular endothelium and homing to high endothelial venules (HEV) as immune cells transmigrate from blood into peripheral tissues. L-Selectin is a member of a family of Selectin molecules which act together with the integrin family of adhesion molecules to mediate leukocyte-endothelial interactions. L-Selectin is characteristically expressed by neutrophils, and is also found on B cells, monocytes, granulocytes, and at varying levels on naive, effector and memory T cells. It is rapidly shed upon cell activation, releasing into the circulation a soluble form whose biological role is of particular interest in cancer biology research.
The MEL-14 antibody may be used as a phenotypic marker for CD62L expression on a variety of immune cell types. Please note that CD62L (L-Selectin) itself is also referred to as MEL-14 in the literature.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Printable datasheet for OATA00552
- CD62L (L-Selectin)
- Application Info:
- This purified format is guaranteed to be >90% pure as determined by SDS-PAGE analysis. Citations are provided as a convenience to you - please consult Materials and Methods sections for additional details about the use of any product in these publications.
- Target Reference:
Lee L-F, Logronio K, Tu GH, Zhai W, Ni I, Mei L, Dilley J, Yu J, et al. 2012. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 10.1073. (Flow cytometry).
Harp JR, Gilchrist MA, and Onami TM. 2010. J. Immunol. 185:5751-5761. (in vivo blocking)
Furukawa Y, Umemoto E, Jang MH, Tohya K, Miyasaka M, and Hirata T. 2008. J. Biol. Chem. 283: 12112-12119. (Immunoelectron microscopy)
Li Y, Brazzell J, Herrera A, and Walcheck B. 2006. 108: 2275-2279. (Immunoprecipitation)
Ochando JC, Yopp AC, Yng Y, Garin A, Li Y, Boros P, Llodra J, Ding Y, Lira SA, Krieger NR, and Bromberg JS. 2005. J. Immunol. 174: 6993-7005. (in vivo blocking, Flow cytometry)
Zhao L-C, Shey M, Farnsworth M, and Dailey MO. 2001. J. Biol. Chem. 276: 30631-30640. (Immunoprecipitation)
Suzuki A, Andrew DP, Gonzalo JA, Fukumoto M, Spellberg J, Hashiyama M, Takimoto H, Gerwin N, Webb I, Molineux G, Amakawa R, Tada Y, Wakeham A, Brown J, McNiece I, Ley K, Butcher EC, Suda T, Gutierrez-Ramos JC, and Mak TK. 1996. Blood. 87:3550-3562. (Stamper-Woodruff assay; in vivo blocking)
Reichert RA, Jerabek L, Gallatin WM, Butcher EC, and Weissman IL. 1986. 136(10): 3535-3542. (Immunohistochemistry)
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- selectin, lymphocyte
- Alias Symbols:
- Lnhr, CD62L, Ly-22, Lyam1, Ly-m22, Lyam-1, LECAM-1, AI528707, L-selectin
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express SELL.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express SELL.
- Tips Information: