- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Product Format:
- Liquid. PBS, pH 7.4, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- Rabbit IgG
- WB, IHC, IF
- Additional Information:
- Subcellular Location:Cytoplasm. Nucleus
Tissue Specificity: Brain, heart, placenta, pancreas and skeletal muscle. Expressed to a lesser extent in lung, liver and kidney.
Similarity The TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.Belongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20C. Stable for 12 months from date of receipt.
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-114258 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- A synthesized peptide derived from human p38 MAPK around the phosphorylation site of Thr180/Tyr182) .
- 1 mg/ml
- Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody detects endogenous levels of p38 MAPK only when phosphorylated at Thr180 and Tyr182
- Application Info:
- WB: 1:500-1:2000; (For western blot, incubate membrane with diluted primary Ab in 5% w/v milk , 1X TBS, 0.1% Tween®20 at 4C with gentle shaking, overnight.)
Optimal dilutions should be determined by the end user.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- mitogen-activated protein kinase 14
- Alias Symbols:
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 14; Csaids binding protein; CSBP 1; CSBP 2; CSBP; CSBP1; CSBP2; CSPB1; Cytokine suppressive anti-inflammatory drug-binding protein; EXIP; MAP kinase 14; MAP kinase MXI2; MAP kinase p38 alpha
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the MAP kinase family. MAP kinases act as an integration point for multiple biochemical signals, and are involved in a wide variety of cellular processes such as proliferation, differentiation, transcription regulation and development. This kinase is activated by various environmental stresses and proinflammatory cytokines.
- Molecular Weight:
- 43 kDa
- The antibody is from purified rabbit serum by affinity purification via sequential chromatography on phospho- and non-phospho-peptide affinity columns.
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express MAPK14.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express MAPK14.