- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD 450 nm
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology ABCC8 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKCD04383) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for ABCC8 has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for ABCC8 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample ABCC8 captured in the well.
- Kit Range:
- 1.25-20 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay reproducibility was evaluated using 20 replicates of 3 samples representing low, middle and high level ABCC8. Inter-assay reproducibility was evaluated with 3 samples representing low, middle and high level ABCC8 using 8 replicates on each of 3 plates.
Intra-Assay CV <10%
Inter-Assay CV <12%
- Kit Component:
|ABCC8 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|ABCC8 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X ABCC8 HRP-Detector Anitbody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Luminol Substrate||1 x 2 mL|
|Substrate Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Sample Type:
- Tissue homogenates, cell lysates and other biological fluids
- 0.52 ng/mL
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich ELISA
- Alias Symbols:
- HI, SUR, HHF1, MRP8, PHHI, SUR1, ABC36, HRINS, TNDM2, SUR1delta2
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- ATP-binding cassette sub-family C member 8
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the superfamily of ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters. ABC proteins transport various molecules across extra- and intra-cellular membranes. ABC genes are divided into seven distinct subfamilies (ABC1, MDR/TAP, MRP, ALD, OABP, GCN20, White). This protein is a member of the MRP subfamily which is involved in multi-drug resistance. This protein functions as a modulator of ATP-sensitive potassium channels and insulin release. Mutations and deficiencies in this protein have been observed in patients with hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia of infancy, an autosomal recessive disorder of unregulated and high insulin secretion. Mutations have also been associated with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus type II, an autosomal dominant disease of defective insulin secretion. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been found for this gene.
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express ABCC8.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express ABCC8.