- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology IL6 ELISA Kit (Pig) (OKEH03991) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for IL6 has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for IL6 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP to generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample IL6 captured in the well.
- Kit Range:
- 78 - 5000pg/mL
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 88%
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: <= 5.4% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: <= 8.3% (n = 20)
- Kit Component:
|Anti-IL6 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips)|
|IL6 Lyophilized Standard||2 x 2 ng|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|IL6 Biotinylated Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|HRP Avidin Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Description of Target:
- Cytokine with a wide variety of biological functions. It is a potent inducer of the acute phase response. Plays an essential role in the final differentiation of B-cells into Ig-secreting cells Involved in lymphocyte and monocyte differentiation. Acts on B-cells, T-cells, hepatocytes, hematopoietic progenitor cells and cells of the CNS. Required for the generation of T(H)17 cells. Also acts as a myokine. It is discharged into the bloodstream after muscle contraction and acts to increase the breakdown of fats and to improve insulin resistance. It induces myeloma and plasmacytoma growth and induces nerve cells differentiation (By similarity).
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates, Other biological fluids
- 18 pg/mL
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express IL6.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express IL6.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Natural and recombinant Pig Interleukin-6