- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Fibroblast growth factor 2
- Alias Symbols:
- BFGF, FGFB, HBGF-2, FGF2
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-1360 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- RABBIT ANTI HUMAN FGF BASIC
- Protein Size (# AA):
- ELISA, IHC-FFPE, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express FGF2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express FGF2.
- The immunogen for anti-FGF2 antibody: recombinant human FGF basic
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended. NB. For functional studies do not add azide.
Storage: Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be storde undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Printable datasheet for anti-FGF2 antibody - OASA07746
- FGF BASIC
- Polyclonal IgG
- Application Info:
- ELISA : This product may be used in indirect ELISA or as a capture reagent in sandwich ELISA with This product B as a detection reagent.
Immunohistology: * This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Additional Information:
- Histology Positive Control Tissue: Human breast invasive ductal carcinoma
- Preservative Stabilisers: None present.
Antiserum Preparation: Antisera to human FGF basic were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline pH7.4
- Target Reference:
- 1. Qian, X. et al. (1997) FGF2 concentration regulates the generation of neurons and glia from multipotent cortical stem cells. Neuron. 18: 81-93.
2. Ortega, S. et al. (1998) Neuronal defects and delayed wound healing in mice lacking fibroblast growth factor 2. P.N.A.S. 95: 5672-5677.