- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Product Format:
- Lyophilized. Each vial contains 5mg BSA, 0.9mg NaCl, 0.2mg Na2HPO4, 0.05mg NaN3.
- WB, IHC-P
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 0.2 ml of distilled water will yield a concentration of 500 ug/ml. +4C
- Official Gene Full Name:
- BAG family molecular chaperone regulator 2
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- BAG-2, dJ417I1.2
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-101216 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- BAG family molecular chaperone regulator 2 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the BAG2 gene. The predicted BAG2 protein contains 211 amino acids. The BAG domains of BAG1, BAG2, and BAG3 interact specifically with the Hsc70 ATPase domain in vitro and in mammalian cells. All 3 proteins bind with high affinity to the ATPase domain of Hsc70 and inhibit its chaperone activity in a Hip-repressible manner. The functional antagonisms displayed between BAG family proteins and Hip suggest that a proper balance of these 2 types of protein is required for achieving optimal cycles of substrate binding and release required for inducting conformational changes in proteins, with Hip promoting peptide substrate binding by Hsc70/Hsp70 and BAG family proteins promoting dissociation.
- Immunogen affinity purified.
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express BAG2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express BAG2.
- E.coli-derived human BAG2 recombinant protein (Position: M1-N211). Human BAG2 shares 93.4% amino acid (aa) sequence identity with mouse BAG2.
- Application Info:
- Tested Species: In-house tested species with positive results.
By Heat: Boiling the paraffin sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH6.0, for 20mins is required for the staining of formalin/paraffin sections.
Other applications have not been tested.
Optimal dilutions should be determined by end users.
- Target Reference:
- 1. Takayama S, Xie Z, Reed JC (Feb 1999). "An evolutionarily conserved family of Hsp70/Hsc70 molecular chaperone regulators". J Biol Chem 274 (2): 781–6.
2. "Entrez Gene: BAG2 BCL2-associated athanogene 2".