- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Autophagy related 7
- Alias Symbols:
- APG7L, APG7-like, APG7-LIKE, ATG12-activating enzyme E1 ATG7, Autophagy-related protein 7, DKFZp434N0735, GSA7, hAGP7, Ubiquitin-activating enzyme E1-like protein, Ubiquitin-like modifier-activating enzyme ATG7
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Ubiquitin-like modifier-activating enzyme ATG7
- Description of Target:
- E1-like activating enzyme involved in the 2 ubiquitin-like systems required for cytoplasm to vacuole transport (Cvt) and autophagy. Activates ATG12 for its conjugation with ATG5 as well as the ATG8 family proteins for their conjugation with phosphatidylethanolamine. Both systems are needed for the ATG8 association to Cvt vesicles and autophagosomes membranes. Required for autophagic death induced by caspase-8 inhibition. Required for mitophagy which contributes to regulate mitochondrial quantity and quality by eliminating the mitochondria to a basal level to fulfill cellular energy requirements and preventing excess ROS production. Modulates p53/TP53 activity to regulate cell cycle and survival during metabolic stress. Plays also a key role in the maintenance of axonal homeostasis, the prevention of axonal degeneration, the maintenance of hematopoietic stem cells, the formation of Paneth cell granules, as well as in adipose differentiation.
- Sample Type:
- Tissue homogenates, cell lysates and other biological fluids
- < 0.112 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.312 - 20 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level ATG7 was tested with 20 replicates across one plate.
Inter-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level ATG7 was tested on three different plates with 8 replicates, respectively.
Intra-Assay CV: <10%
Inter-Assay CV: <12%
- Kit Duration:
- ~3.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology ATG7 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKCD02038) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for ATG7 has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for ATG7 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution.The density of yellow coloration is read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample ATG7 captured in the well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-ATG7 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips)|
|ATG7 Lyophilized Standard||2 x 20 ng|
|100X Biotinylated ATG7 Detector Antibody||120 uL|
|Avidin/HRP Conjugate||120 uL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 9 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 6 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express ATG7.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express ATG7.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- This assay has high sensitivity and excellent specificity for detection of Autophagy Related Protein 7 (ATG7).
No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Autophagy Related Protein 7 (ATG7) and analogues was observed.