- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Mouse IgG1
- IHC, WB
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- The antibodies are stable for 12 months from date of receipt when stored at -20C to -70C. The antibodies can be stored at 2C to 8C for three month without detectable loss of activity.
Avoid repeated freezing thawing cycles.
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-08, HPA001383
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to the C-terminus of Her2 protein. This sequence is identical in Human, Mouse, and Rat.
- The Mouse IgG is purified by Isotyping-specific Affinity Purification.
- Printable datasheet for Mouse Anti-C-erbB-2/HER-2 AntibodyOAAI00099
- This antibody recognizes Her-2 protein. It cross-reacts with Human, Rat and Mouse. The other species was not tested.
- Application Info:
- Positive Control: SK-BR-3 Cell Lysate
Western Blot: 0.1-1 μg/ml
ELISA: 0.01-0.1 μg/ml
IP: 2-5 μg/ml
IHC: 2-5 μg/ml
- Target Reference:
- Xiao-Feng Le et al (2000) Anti-HER2 Antibody and Heregulin Suppress Growth of HER2-Overexpressing Human Breast Cancer Cells throμgh Different Mechanisms. Clinical Cancer Research Vol. 6, 260-270.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- v-erb-b2 avian erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2
- Alias Symbols:
- NEU, NGL, HER2, TKR1, CD340, HER-2, MLN 19, HER-2/neu,
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Description of Target:
- Oncoprotein Her-2/Neu/ c-erbB-2 belongs to one of the four members of the ErbB receptor family. They are transmembrane receptor-like tyrosine kinases which can be autophosphorylated without ligand binding process when it is overexpressed in breast cancers. Her2 is an important biomarker in breast cancer diagnosis. The antibodies/ heregulin can suppress phosphorylation of HER2 on tyrosine Y1248. Endogenous anti-HER2 antibodies can effectively suppress HER2 kinase activity and downstream signaling to inhibit the transformed phenotype of HER2-expressing tumor cells. Thus, anti-Her2 antibodies have been used widely in the treatment of the breast cancer and other carcinomas.
- Molecular Weight:
- ~185 kDa
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express ERBB2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express ERBB2.