- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rat
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Magnesium transporter 1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- cDNA FLJ56344, highly similar to Implantation-associated protein EMBL BAG58019.1
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- DKFZp564K142, FLJ14726, MAGT1, MGC64926, PRO0756, bA217H1.1, IAP, XMEN, MRX95, OST3B, RP11-217H1.1
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-161814 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- The specific function of this protein remains unknown.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express RP11-217H1.1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express RP11-217H1.1.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human RP11-217H1.1
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 91%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Pig: 100%; Rat: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-RP11-217H1.1 (ARP58725_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: ARWRFWCVSVTMVVALLIVCDVPSASAQRKKEMVLSEKVSQLMEWTNKRP
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- UBC; EED; RNF2; FBXO6; env; STT3B; RPL6; PPIB; LMNB1; DDOST;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-MAGT1 (ARP58725_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP58725 (Previous Catalog # AAPP36224)
- Printable datasheet for anti-MAGT1 (ARP58725_P050) antibody
- Sample Type Confirmation:
MAGT1 is supported by BioGPS gene expression data to be expressed in PANC1
- Target Reference:
- Shibatani,T., (2005) Biochemistry 44 (16), 5982-5992
University of Massachusetts Medical School
1. Sample type: HeLa and CHO-K1 cell lines. Control: Rough canine microsomes (cell organelles that must contain OST complexes)
Lane 1: 50ug HeLa cell lysate (Blocking: 1% Tween)
Lane 2: 50ug rough canine microsomes (Blocking: 1% Tween)
Lane 3: 50 ug CHO-K1 cell lysate (Blocking: 1% Tween)
Lane 4: 30ug rough canine microsomes (Blocking: 3% Milk)
Lane 5: 30ug HeLa cell lysate (Blocking: 3% Milk)
2. Sample preparation methods: Whole cell lysates were obtained using standard RIPA buffer (HeLa and CHO-K1), preparation of rough microsomes from canine pancreas is described in Kelleher DJ, Gilmore R. Proc Natl Acad Sci (1997) 94(10):4994-9 and Walter, P. & Blobel, G. (1983) Methods Enzymol. 96, 84–93. Canine Pancreatic Microsomal Membranes preps are identical to the commercially available canine rough microsomes from Promega.
3. Primary antibody dilution: 1:1000
4. Secondary antibody and dilution: Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG; 1:10000.
5. Protocol: Proteins were resolved by 13.5% SDS-PAGE and transferred to PVDF membranes. Membranes were washed with TBS for 10 min on a shacker. Memranes were blocked in 1% Tween TTBS for 30 min at 37C, and then were incubated with primary antibody (diluted in 1% Tween TTBS) at 4C overnight. After washing 3 times for 10 min with 1% Tween TTBS, the membranes were incubated in with secondary antibody for 1 hour, washed 3 times for 10 min with 1% Tween TTBs, and imaged on LAS-4000 instrument (Fujifilm Life Science) using LumiGlo chemiluminescent substrate system.
6. Would you use this antibody in future experiments? Yes.