- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Fatty acid-binding protein, heart
- Alias Symbols:
- MDGI, FABP11, H-FABP, M-FABP, O-FABP,
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item HPA055754
- Description of Target:
- The intracellular fatty acid-binding proteins (FABPs) belongs to a multigene family. FABPs are divided into at least three distinct types, namely the hepatic-, intestinal- and cardiac-type. They form 14-15 kDa proteins and are thought to participate in the uptake, intracellular metabolism and/or transport of long-chain fatty acids. They may also be responsible in the modulation of cell growth and proliferation. Fatty acid-binding protein 3 gene contains four exons and its function is to arrest growth of mammary epithelial cells. FABP3 gene is a candidate tumor suppressor gene for human breast cancer.
- Molecular Weight:
- 15 kDa
- Protein G purified
- WB, ELISA, IHC
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express FABP3.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express FABP3.
- Recombinant Human Fatty acid-binding protein, heart protein (2-133AA)
- Product Format:
- Liquid 0.01M PBS (pH 7.4) containing 0.03% Proclin300 and 50% glycerol
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Shipped at 4C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20C or -80C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Varies by lot. See vial for exact concentration.
- Printable datasheet for Rabbit anti-human Fatty acid-binding protein, heart (OACA01479)OACA01479
- Application Info:
- WB: 1:1000~5000
- Target Reference:
-  Manabe K, Kamihata H, Motohiro M, Senoo T, Yoshida S, Iwasaka T.Urinary liver-type fatty acid-binding protein level as a predictive biomarker of contrast-induced acute kidney injury. Eur J Clin Invest. 2011 Oct 17. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2362.
 Dinh W, Nickl W, Futh R, Lankisch M, Hess G, Zdunek D, Scheffold T, Barroso MC, Tiroch K, Ziegler D, Seyfarth M. High sensitive troponin T and heart fatty acid binding protein: novel biomarker in heart failure with normal ejection fraction?: a cross-sectional study. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2011 Jul 5;11:41.
 Ozdemir L, Elonu OH, Gocmen AY. Heart type fatty acid binding protein is more sensitive than troponin I and creatine kinase myocardial band at early stage in determining myocardial injury caused by percutaneous coronary intervention. Int Heart J. 2011;52(3):143-5.
 Doi M, Miyoshi T, Hirohata S, Nakamura K, Usui S, Takeda K, Iwamoto M, Kusachi S, Kusano K, Ito H. Association of increased plasma adipocyte fatty acid-binding protein with coronary artery disease in non-elderly men. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2011 May 23;10:44.
 Tso AW, Lam TK, Xu A, Yiu KH, Tse HF, Li LS, Law LS, Cheung BM, Cheung RT, Lam KS. Serum adipocyte fatty acid-binding protein associated with ischemic stroke and early death. Neurology. 2011 Jun 7;76(23):1968-75.
 Body R, McDowell G, Carley S, Wibberley C, Ferguson J, Mackway-Jones K.A FABP-ulous 'rule out' strategy? Heart fatty acid binding protein and troponin for rapid exclusion of acute myocardial infarction. Resuscitation. 2011 Aug;82(8):1041-6.
 Kamijo-Ikemori A, Sugaya T, Yasuda T, Kawata T, Ota A, Tatsunami S, Kaise R, Ishimitsu T, Tanaka Y, Kimura K. Clinical significance of urinary liver-type fatty acid-binding protein in diabetic nephropathy of type 2 diabetic patients. Diabetes Care. 2011 Mar;34(3):691-6.
 Figiel L, Wraga M, Bednarkiewicz Z, Lipiec P, Smigielski J, Krzemińska-PakuLa M, Kasprzak JD. Direct comparison of the diagnostic value of point-of-care tests detecting heart-type fatty acid binding protein or glycogen phosphorylase isoenzyme BB in patients with acute coronary syndromes with persistent ST-segment elevation. Kardiol Pol. 2011;69(1):1-6.
 Thuijls G, van Wijck K, Grootjans J, Derikx JP, van Bijnen AA, Heineman E, Dejong CH, Buurman WA, Poeze M.Early diagnosis of intestinal ischemia using urinary and plasma fatty acid binding proteins. Ann Surg. 2011 Feb;253(2):303-8.
 Giannessi D, Piacenti M, Maltinti M, Rossi A, Di Cecco P, Startari U, Cabiati M, Panchetti L, Del Ry S, Morales MA. Heart-type fatty acid binding protein is an early marker of myocardial damage after radiofrequency catheter ablation. Clin Biochem. 2010 Oct;43(15):1241-5.
 Kalay N, Yarlioglues M, Ardic I, Kaya MG, Vardar A, Inanc T, Dogan A, Ikizceli I, Koç F, Oguzhan A, Ergin A.The role of heart-type fatty acid-binding protein in predicting properties of coronary atherosclerosis in patients with acute coronary syndrome. Coron Artery Dis. 2010 Nov;21(7):435-40.
 Doi K, Noiri E, Maeda-Mamiya R, Ishii T, Negishi K, Hamasaki Y, Fujita T, Yahagi N, Koide H, Sugaya T, Nakamura T. Urinary L-type fatty acid-binding protein as a new biomarker of sepsis complicated with acute kidney injury. Crit Care Med. 2010 Oct;38(10):2037-42.
 Relja B, Szermutzky M, Henrich D, Maier M, de Haan JJ, Lubbers T, Buurman WA, Marzi I. Intestinal-FABP and liver-FABP: Novel markers for severe abdominal injury. Acad Emerg Med. 2010 Jul;17(7):729-35.
 Kim YC, Cho YK, Lee WY, Kim HJ, Park JH, Park DI, Sohn CI, Jeon WK, Kim BI, Park SE, Rhee EJ, Park CY, Oh KW, Park SW, Kim SW, Ryu SH. Serum adipocyte-specific fatty acid-binding protein is associated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in apparently healthy subjects. J Nutr Biochem. 2011 Mar;22(3):289-92.
 Matsui Y, Satoh K, Mutsukura K, Watanabe T, Nishida N, Matsuda H, Sugino M, Shirabe S, Eguchi K, Kataoka Y. Development of an ultra-rapid diagnostic method based on heart-type fatty acid binding protein levels in the CSF of CJD patients. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2010 Oct;30(7):991-9.
 Muehlschlegel JD, Perry TE, Liu KY, Fox AA, Collard CD, Shernan SK, Body SC. Heart-type fatty acid binding protein is an independent predictor of death and ventricular dysfunction after coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Anesth Analg. 2010 Nov;111(5):1101-9.
 Evennett NJ, Hall NJ, Pierro A, Eaton S. Urinary intestinal fatty acid-binding protein concentration predicts extent of disease in necrotizing enterocolitis. J Pediatr Surg. 2010 Apr;45(4):735-40.
 Funaoka H, Kanda T, Fujii H. Intestinal fatty acid-binding protein (I-FABP) as a new biomarker for intestinal diseases. Rinsho Byori. 2010 Feb;58(2):162-8.
 Akbal E, Özbek M, GuneS F, Akyurek Ö, Üreten K, DelibaSi T. Serum heart type fatty acid binding protein levels in metabolic syndrome. Endocrine. 2009 Dec;36(3):433-7.