- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Product Format:
- Liquid PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- WB, IHC-P
- Additional Information:
- Function: Catalyzes the first and rate limiting step of the catabolism of the essential amino acid tryptophan along the kynurenine pathway (PubMed:17671174). Involved in immune regulation. May not play a significant role in tryptophan-related tumoral resistance.
Tissue Location: Detected in liver, small intestine, spleen, placenta, thymus, lung, brain, kidney, and colon. Also expressed at low level in testis and thyroid. Not expressed in the majority of human tumor samples (>99%).
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Maintain refrigerated at 2-8°C for up to 2 weeks. For long term storage store at -20°C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-292211 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- This I23O2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 267-295 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human I23O2.
- This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Printable datasheet for OAAB08672
- Intended Use:
- I23O2 Antibody (C-term) is for research use only and not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- Application Info:
- IHC-P: 1:10~50
Optimal dilutions should be determined by the end user.
- Target Reference:
- Cetindere, T., et al. Cell. Signal. 22(2):197-211(2010)
Huttunen, R., et al. Shock 33(2):149-154(2010)
Witkiewicz, A.K., et al. J. Am. Coll. Surg. 208(5):781-787(2009)
Metz, R., et al. Cancer Res. 67(15):7082-7087(2007)
Ball, H.J., et al. Gene 396(1):203-213(2007)
- Alias Symbols:
- Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase 2, IDO-2, 11311-, Indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase-like protein 1, Indoleamine-pyrrole 2, 3-dioxygenase-like protein 1, IDO2, INDOL1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase 2
- Description of Target:
- Along with the enzymes encoded by the INDO (MIM 147435) and TDO2 (MIM 191070) genes, the enzyme encoded by the INDOL1 gene metabolizes tryptophan in the kynurenine pathway.
- Molecular Weight:
- 47 kDa
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express IDO2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express IDO2.