- Official Gene Full Name:
- parathyroid hormone
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Description of Target:
- PTH elevates calcium level by dissolving the salts in bone and preventing their renal excretion. Stimulates [1-14C]-2-deoxy-D-glucose (2DG) transport and glycogen synthesis in osteoblastic cells.
- Protein Name:
- Parathyroid hormone
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates, Other biological fluids
- < 15.6 pg/mL
- Kit Range:
- 31.2 - 2,000 pg/mL
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology PTH ELISA Kit (Pig) (OKEH03881) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for PTH has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for PTH is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample PTH captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-PTH Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|PTH Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X Biotinylated PTH Detector Antibody||1 x 120 ÂµL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 ÂµL|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express PTH.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express PTH.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural pig PTH. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich Immunoassay