- Official Gene Full Name:
- neuropeptide Y
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- 0710005A05Rik, Neuropeptide Y
- Description of Target:
- NPY is implicated in the control of feeding and in secretion of gonadotrophin-release hormone.
- Protein Name:
- Pro-neuropeptide Y
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates, Other biological fluids
- 7.98 pg/mL
- Kit Range:
- 15.6 - 1000pg/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: <7.4% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: <9.5% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology NPY ELISA Kit (Mouse) (OKEH02991) is based on a competitive enzyme immuno assay technique. The microtiter well-plate in this kit has been pre-coated with an anti-mouse Npy antibody. Sample or standards are added to the wells along with a fixed quantity of biotinylated Npy and incubated. The Npy found in the sample or standards competes with the biotinylated Npy for limited binding sites on the immobilized anti-mouse Npy antibody. Excess unbound biotinylated Npy and sample or standard Npy is washed from the plate. Avidin-HRP conjugate is added, incubated and washed. An enzymatic reaction is then produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by the immobilized HRP to generate a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is measured by reading the absorbance at 450 nm which is quantitatively proportional to the amount of biotinylated Npy captured in the well and inversely proportional to the amount of Npy which was contained in the sample or standard.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-Npy Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|Npy Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Npy-Biotin Complex||1 x 60 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Biotin Complex Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 97%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Npy.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Npy.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Natural and recombinant Mouse Pro-neuropeptide Y
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Competitive ELISA