- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rat, Yeast, Zebrafish
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- CHIP, WB
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-11418 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the C-terminal region of Mouse Hdac4
- Affinity Purified
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 93%; Horse: 77%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 86%; Rat: 93%; Yeast: 82%; Zebrafish: 93%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-Hdac4 (ARP43602_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: SSTVGHSLIEAQKCEKEEAETVTAMASLSVGVKPAEKRSEEEPMEEEPPL
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-Hdac4 (ARP43602_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP43602
- Printable datasheet for anti-Hdac4 (ARP43602_P050) antibody
- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- 4932408F19Rik, AI047285
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Histone deacetylase 4
- Description of Target:
- Hdac4 is responsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes. Involved in muscle maturation via its interaction with the myocyte enhancer factors such as MEF2A, MEF2C and MEF2D.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Hdac4.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Hdac4.
- Protein Interactions:
- Rfxank; Mef2d; Mef2c; Mef2a; Dnajb6; Tnf; Runx2; Myocd; Ppp2ca; Gli2; Creb1; Atm; Ywhab; Ifrd1;
Researcher: Wen-Cheng Xiong, Georgia Health Sciences University
Application: Western blotting
Species + Tissue/Cell type:
Lane 1: 40ug mouse brain, synaptosome lysate
Lane 2: 40ug mouse brain, membrane fraction
Lane 3: 40ug mouse brain, cytoplasm fraction
Lane 4: 40ug mouse brain, nuclear fraction
Lane 5: 40ug mouse brain, post synaptic density fraction
Lane 6: 40ug mouse brain, synaptosome lysate
Lane 7: 40ug mouse brain, membrane fraction
Lane 8: 40ug mouse brain, cytoplasm fraction
Lane 9: 40ug mouse brain, nuclear fraction
Primary antibody dilution: 1:1000
Secondary antibody: Goat anti-rabbit HRP
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:2000
|How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?||To test HDAC4 expression in the brain.|
|How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why?||5|
|Would you use this antibody in future experiments?||Yes|
|Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?||Yes|
|Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva's website is correct?||Yes|
|If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?||Yes|
|How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?||-20 C|
|Sample Description (please include 1) species type, and 2) cell/tissue type, and 3) how much protein loaded for each lane of your gel):||1)Mus Musculus 2) Brain 3) 40 mg|
|How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?||One|
|How was this sample prepared?||Sub-cellular fractionation|
|Primary antibody dilution and incubation time:||1:1000, 4 C overnight|
|Secondary antibody used and dilution and incubation time:||Goat anti Rabbit, 1:2000, 2 hrs|
|What controls were used in your experiment (positive/negative)?||Positive|
|Please include your detailed WB Procedure/Protocol here:||Running the gel
1. After flash spinning the samples, load into the wells (40mg/well).
2. Be sure to use markers.
We use 5 ul Bio-Rad Prestained Standards Broad Range (#161-0318) directly.
3. Run with constant voltage (80-100 V).
4. Usual running time is about 2-2.5 hr.
1. Cut a piece of nitrocellulose membrane. (Schleicher&Schuell PROTRAN BA83).
2. Assemble "sandwich" for Bio-Rad's Transblot.
3. Prewet the sponges, filter papers (slightly bigger than gel) in 1x Transferring
Sponge - filter paper - gel - membrane - filter paper - sponge
Make sure gel side facing cathode (Black)
4. Run for 220mA constant for 2 1/2 hr/over night 30V constant with the cold pack and prechilled