- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Porcine, Bovine, Dog
- FC, IHC-F
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store in the dark at 2-8C. Do not freeze. Avoid prolonged exposure to light.
Do not use after expiration date stamped on vial label.
Short-term exposure to room temperature should not affect the quality of the reagent. However, if reagent is stored under any conditions other than those specified, the conditions must be verified by the user.
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Complement receptor type 2
- Protein Name:
- Complement receptor type 2
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-13135 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Purified by size-exclusion chromatography
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CR2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CR2.
- IM9 human B-lymphoblastoid cell line
- 20 ul / test
- The antibody LT21 reacts with CD21 (CR2), a 145 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein (complement C3d receptor - C3dR) expressed on B lymphocytes, follicular dendritic cells, some epithelial cells and a subsets of T lymphocytes. It is not expressed on immature B cells.
HLDA VI; WS Code B CD21.1
- Storage Buffer:
- The reagent is provided in phosphate buffered saline (PBS) containing 15 mM sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) high-grade protease free Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a stabilizing agent.
- Target Reference:
- Filatov AV, Krotov GI, Zgoda VG, Volkov Y: Fluorescent immunoprecipitation analysis of cell surface proteins: a methodology compatible with mass-spectrometry. J Immunol Methods. 2007 Jan 30;319(1-2):21-33.
Faldyna M, Samankova P, Leva L, Cerny J, Oujezdska J, Rehakova Z, Sinkora J: Cross-reactive anti-human monoclonal antibodies as a tool for B-cell identification in dogs and pigs. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2007 Sep 15;119(1-2):56-62.
Leukocyte Typing VI., Kishimoto T. et al. (Eds.), Garland Publishing Inc. (1997).
Singh A, Blank M, Shoenfeld Y, Illges H: Antiphospholipid syndrome patients display reduced titers of soluble CD21 in their sera irrespective of circulating anti-beta2-glycoprotein-I autoantibodies. Rheumatol Int. 2008 Jan 3
Zabel MD, Heikenwalder M, Prinz M, Arrighi I, Schwarz P, Kranich J, von Teichman A, Haas KM, Zeller N, Tedder TF, Weis JH, Aguzzi A: Stromal complement receptor CD21/35 facilitates lymphoid prion colonization andpathogenesis. J Immunol. 2007 Nov 1;179(9):6144-52.
Kasprzak A, Spachacz R, Wachowiak J, Stefanska K, Zabel M: Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection in B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomas in children: virus latency and its correlation with CD21 and CD23 molecules. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2007;45(3):169-79.
Twohig J, Kulik L, Haluszczak C, Reuter J, Rossbach A, Bull M, Holers VM, Marchbank KJ: Defective B cell ontogeny and immune response in human complement receptor 2 (CR2, CD21) transgenic mice is partially recovered in the absence of C3. Mol Immunol. 2007 Jul;44(13):3434-44.
Roozendaal R, Carroll MC: Complement receptors CD21 and CD35 in humoral immunity. Immunol Rev. 2007 Oct;219:157-66.