- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- Levomefolic acid; 31690-09-2; LMSR; 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate; Levomefolinic acid
- Description of Target:
- 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate is a methylated derivate of tetrahydrofolate. It is generated by methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase from 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate and used to recycle homocysteine back to methionine by 5-methyltetrahydrofolate-homocysteine methyltransferases (also called methionine synthases).
- Protein Name:
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, plasma and other biological fluids
- 0.39 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 1.11 - 90 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay reproducibility was evaluated with 20 replicates of 3 samples representing low, middle and high level target.
Inter-assay reproducibility was evaluated with 3 samples representing low, middle and high level target using 8 replicates on each of 3 plates.
Intra-Assay CV <10%
Inter-Assay CV <12%
- Kit Duration:
- 2.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology 5-Me-THF ELISA Kit (OKCD02251) is based on a competitive enzyme immuno assay technique. The microtiter well-plate in this kit has been pre-coated with an anti-5-Me-THF antibody. Sample or standards are added to the wells along with a fixed quantity of biotinylated 5-Me-THF and incubated. The 5-Me-THF found in the sample or standards competes with the biotinylated 5-Me-THF for limited binding sites on the immobilized anti-5-Me-THF antibody. Wells are washed and Avidin-HRP conjugate is added, incubated then washed. An enzymatic reaction is then produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by the immobilized HRP to generate a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is measured by reading the absorbance at 450 nm which is quantitatively proportional to the amount of biotinylated 5-Me-THF captured in the well and inversely proportional to the amount of 5-Me-THF which was contained in the sample or standard.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips)|
|5-Methyltetrahydrofolate Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate Biotin Complex||120 uL|
|100X Avidin/HRP Conjugate||120 uL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Biotin Complex Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Avidin/HRP Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 9 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 6 mL|
- Kit Linearity:
|Matrix||1:2 Dilution||1:4 Dilution||1:8 Dilution||1:16 Dilution|
- Kit Recovery:
|Matrix||Recovery Range (%)||Average (%)|
|EDTA plasma (n=5)||96-105||102|
|Heparin Plasma (n=5)||80-102||93|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.