- Description of Target:
- The function of this protein remains unknown.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Activating transcription factor 4
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Atf-4, C/ATF, CREB2, MGC96460, TAXREB67
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Atf4.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Atf4.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Protein Name:
- Cyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-4
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- IF, WB
- Protein Interactions:
- Egln3; Ubc; Hif1a; Satb2; Fam175b; Trib3; Gabbr2; Gabbr1; Jun; Fos; Dapk3; Rps6ka3; Tnfsf11; Prkaca;
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide corresponding to a region of Mouse
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-Atf4 (ARP37018_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 93%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 79%; Human: 93%; Mouse: 100%; Rat: 100%; Sheep: 100%
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rat, Sheep
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for anti-Atf4 (ARP37018_P050) antibody
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: TRYRQKKRAEQEALTGECKELEKKNEALKEKADSLAKEIQYLKDLIEEVR
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-Atf4 (ARP37018_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP37018 (Previous Catalog # AAPP09927)
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
Customer Reviews for Atf4 Antibody (ARP37018_P050) tested with mouse corti organ in Immunofluorescence
Drs. Gilda Kalinec and Pru Thein
CB&G House Research Institute
Catalog Number: ARP37018_P050
1: Halterman MW, Gill M, DeJesus C, Ogihara M, Schor NF, Federoff HJ.The endoplasmic reticulum stress response factor CHOP-10 protects against hypoxia-induced neuronal death.J Biol Chem.2010 Jul 9;285(28):21329-40.Epub 2010 May 6.PubMed PMID: 20448044; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2898390.
Product Name: Atf4 Antibody (ARP37018_P050)
Gene Name: Atf4
Sample description: Transcriptional activator.Binds the cAMP response element (CRE) (consensus: 5'-GTGACGT[AC][AG]-3'), a sequence present in many viral and cellular promoters.It binds to a Tax-responsive enhancer element in the long terminal repeat of HTLV-I.
Experiment Name: Western Blotting
Whole cell lysates were harvested from 2.5 x106 neurons cultured in 60-mm dishes by first rinsing once with ice-cold PBS and then harvesting after incubation on ice for 10 min with RIPA buffer (Tris-HCl (50mM, pH 7.4), 1% Nonidet P-40, 0.25% sodium deoxycholate (150 mM NaCl), 1 mM EDTA, 1 protease inhibitor mixture).Samples were centrifuged at 12,000 rpm for 15 min at 4 C in a bench top centrifuge, and supernatants were stored at -70 C.Aliquots of equal volume were resolved by SDS-PAGE (8-15%), transferred to polyvinylidene difluoride membranes (Millipore, Bedford, MA) and blocked for 90 min at room temperature in wash buffer (50 mM Tris, 0.9% NaCl, 0.05% Tween 20) containing 5% nonfat dry milk.Primary antibodies were added with constant agitation overnight at 4 C, blots were rinsed thee times in wash buffer, and incubated with horseradish peroxidase-conjugated secondary antibody for 1 h (diluted 1:2000, Santa Cruz Biotechnology), washed, and detected by ECL (Renaissance, Amersham Biosciences, Piscataway, NJ).The following antibodies were used: NeuN (Chemicon, Temecula, CA); cleaved caspase-3 and PARP, eIF2alpha , and p-eIF2 ser51 were obtained from Cell Signaling Technologies (Beverly, MA); ATF4 (AVIVA, San Diego, CA); Tribbles 3 (A-20 and T-15) and CHOP-10 (B-3 and F-168) antibodies were from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.Actin (A4700) was from Sigma-Aldrich.
(i) In the current study Marc et al.used expression microarrays to study the genetic mechanisms regulating this transition from adaptive to pathological transition in hypoxic dissociated neuronal In addition to characterizing the temporal sequence of hypoxia-induced transcriptional responses, they discovered that, in contrast to ATF4, native expression of the related bZIP heterodimeric factor CHOP-10 was not predictive of in vitro neuron loss as expected from prior published observations.cultures..
(ii) Given the importance of CHOP-10 in ER-mediated responses after stroke, they analyzed the temporal activation of factors involved in CHOP signaling by Western blotting.As expected, hypoxia induced both the early and reversible phosphorylation of the elongation factor eIF2alpha in vitro (3-6 h), as well as the induction of the CHOP heterodimeric partner ATF4, due likely to cap-independent, internal ribosome entry site-mediated expression of latent ATF4 transcripts.
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this Atf4 antibody (ARP37018_P050)
Click here to view the Atf4 antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: Atf4 antibody (ARP37018_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-Atf4 Antibody Titration: 0.2-1 ug/ml
Positive Control: Mouse Brain
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: The function of this protein remains unknown.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to email@example.com
Aviva Systems Biology’s Atf4 antibody (ARP37018_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to email@example.com. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org