- Description of Target:
- This gene encodes a member of the cytoskeletal BTB/kelch (Broad-Complex, Tramtrack and Bric a brac) repeat family. The encoded protein plays a role in neurofilament architecture and is involved in mediating the ubiquitination and degradation of some proteins. Defects in this gene are a cause of giant axonal neuropathy (GAN).
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- FLJ38059, GAN1, KLHL16
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express GAN.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express GAN.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Protein Name:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Protein Interactions:
- RELA; HSP90AA1; CUL3; UBA1; TBCB; UBC; ATG16L1; RBX1; MAP1B; SFN;
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human GAN
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-GAN (ARP58470_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for anti-GAN (ARP58470_P050) antibody
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: IYLNDQNLCIPASSSFVYGAVPIGASIYVIGDLDTGTNYDYVREFKRSTG
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-GAN (ARP58470_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP58470 (Previous Catalog # AAPP34695)
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this GAN antibody (ARP58470_P050)
Click here to view the GAN antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: GAN antibody (ARP58470_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-GAN Antibody Titration: 0.2-1 ug/ml
ELISA Titer: 1:62500
Positive Control: THP-1
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: This gene encodes a member of the cytoskeletal BTB/kelch (Broad-Complex, Tramtrack and Bric a brac) repeat family. The encoded protein plays a role in neurofilament architecture and is involved in mediating the ubiquitination and degradation of some proteins. Defects in this gene are a cause of giant axonal neuropathy (GAN).
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aviva Systems Biology’s GAN antibody (ARP58470_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at email@example.com.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at email@example.com