- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- RuvB-like 1 (E. coli)
- Protein Name:
- RuvB-like 1
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- ECP54, NMP238, Pontin52, RVB1, TIH1, TIP49, TIP49A, INO80H, PONTIN
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-15259 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- RUVBL1 possesses single-stranded DNA-stimulated ATPase and ATP-dependent DNA helicase (3' to 5') activity. It is the component of the NuA4 histone acetyltransferase complex which is involved in transcriptional activation of select genes principally by acetylation of nucleosomal histone H4 and H2A. The NuA4 complex ATPase and helicase activities seem to be, at least in part, contributed by the association of RUVBL1 and RUVBL2 with EP400. NuA4 may also play a direct role in DNA repair when recruited to sites of DNA damage. RUVBL1 plays an essential role in oncogenic transformation by MYC and also modulates transcriptional activation by the LEF1/TCF1-CTNNB1 complex.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express RUVBL1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express RUVBL1.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human RUVBL1
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Goat, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Goat: 77%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%; Zebrafish: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-RUVBL1 (ARP32349_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: KIEEVKSTTKTQRIASHSHVKGLGLDESGLAKQAASGLVGQENAREACGV
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- RUVBL2; HUWE1; CEP250; RPAP3; UBC; NEDD8; SUMO1; RNF2; EED; rev; NEDD4; CDC42; IQGAP1; PARK2; FBXO6; USP49; FBXO46; FBXW4; RBM8A; TELO2; TTI1; URI1; RUVBL1; TRRAP; TUBA1A; TUBB; SMG9; UPF1; PRKDC; POLR2E; NCBP1; LMNA; HSPA4; SMG8; PIH1D1; PABPC1; SMG1; PA
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-RUVBL1 (ARP32349_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP32349 (Previous Catalog # AAPP03338)
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for anti-RUVBL1 (ARP32349_P050) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Jha,S., (2008) Mol. Cell. Biol. 28 (8), 2690-2700
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this RUVBL1 antibody (ARP32349_P050)
Click here to view the RUVBL1 antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: RUVBL1 antibody (ARP32349_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-RUVBL1 Antibody Titration: 0.2-1 ug/ml
Positive Control: Fetal Heart
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: RUVBL1 possesses single-stranded DNA-stimulated ATPase and ATP-dependent DNA helicase (3' to 5') activity. It is the component of the NuA4 histone acetyltransferase complex which is involved in transcriptional activation of select genes principally by acetylation of nucleosomal histone H4 and H2A. The NuA4 complex ATPase and helicase activities seem to be, at least in part, contributed by the association of RUVBL1 and RUVBL2 with EP400. NuA4 may also play a direct role in DNA repair when recruited to sites of DNA damage. RUVBL1 plays an essential role in oncogenic transformation by MYC and also modulates transcriptional activation by the LEF1/TCF1-CTNNB1 complex.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to email@example.com
Aviva Systems Biology’s RUVBL1 antibody (ARP32349_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to email@example.com. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Product Review: RUVBL1 antibody - N-terminal region (ARP32349_P050) in K562 lysate using Western Blot
Researcher: Sustackova Gabriela
Application: Western Blotting
Species+tissue/cell type: Lane 1: 30ug K562 lysate
Primary antibody dilution:1:200
Secondary antibody: Anti-rabbit-HRP
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:1000
|How do Aviva’s reagents play a role in your experimental goals?||I wanted to find antibody which would work for Drosophila cells|
|Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?||Yes|
|Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva’s website is correct?||Yes|
|How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?||In aliquots at -20°C|
|Sample Description (please include 1) species type, and 2) cell/tissue type, and 3) how much protein loaded for each lane of your gel):||1) Drosophila, 2) Drosophila S2 cells, 3) 30 μg|
|How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?||7|
|How was this sample prepared?||Cells were lysed by sample buffer (50 mM Tris, 10% glycerol, 1% SDS), then sonicated and boiled with 2-mercaptoethanol and bromophenol blue, storage at -20°C|
|Primary antibody dilution and incubation time:||1:200 in 5% milk, incubated either overnight at 4°C or 1h at room temperature|
|Secondary antibody used and dilution and incubation time:||Goat anti-rabbit conjugated with HRP, incubated for 1h at room temperature|
|What controls were used in your experiment (positive/negative)?||Positive control - K562 cells/ negative control - knockdown of gene in Drosophila cells using dsRNA|
|Please include your detailed WB Procedure/Protocol here:||Samples ran in 12% SDS-polyacrylamide gel at 100-130V. Proteins were transferred from gel to membrane in 1h 30min at 300mA. Blocking - 1h at room temperature in 5% milk. Incubation with RUVBL1 antibody - either overnight at 4°C or 1h at room temperature. Dilution 1:200 in 5% milk. Washing - 3x 10 minutes in PBST buffer (0.05%). Incubation with secondary antibody - 1h at room temperature. Dilution of goat-anti-rabbit - HRP antibody 1:1000 in 5% milk. Washing - 3x 10 minutes in PBST (0.05%). Developed by Clarity Western ECL substrate (Biorad) and exposed to film.|
comment to the image:
line 1 - K562 positive control
line 2 - S2 cells control
line 3 - S2 cells with silenced RUVBL1
RUVBL1 should show band around 50 kDa, however in S2 cells there wasn't any band about this size even with high concentration of antibody and loading of 30 μg of protein sample. In K562 leukemic cells there was a band above 55 kDa (MW marker PageRuler Plus Prestained Protein Ladder, Thermo Scientific).