- Official Gene Full Name:
- Wilms tumor 1 homolog
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- D630046I19Rik, Wilms tumor protein homolog, Wt-1
- Description of Target:
- Transcription factor that plays an important role in cellular development and cell survival. Regulates the expression of numerous target genes, including EPO. Plays an essential role for development of the urogenital system. Recognizes and binds to the DNA sequence 5'-CGCCCCCGC-3'. It has a tumor suppressor as well as an oncogenic role in tumor formation. Function may be isoform-specific: isoforms lacking the KTS motif may act as transcription factors. Isoforms containing the KTS motif may bind mRNA and play a role in mRNA metabolism or splicing. Isoform 1 has lower affinity for DNA, and can bind RNA.3 Publications
- Protein Name:
- Wilms tumor protein homolog
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- 0.039 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.078 - 5 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: <= 4.6% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: <= 6.9% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology WT1 ELISA Kit (Mouse) (OKEH03610) is based on a competitive enzyme immuno assay technique. The microtiter well-plate in this kit has been pre-coated with an anti-human Wt1 antibody. Sample or standards are added to the wells along with a fixed quantity of biotinylated Wt1 and incubated. The Wt1 found in the sample or standards competes with the biotinylated Wt1 for limited binding sites on the immobilized anti-human Wt1 antibody. Excess unbound biotinylated Wt1 and sample or standard Wt1 is washed from the plate. Avidin-HRP conjugate is added, incubated and washed. An enzymatic reaction is then produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by the immobilized HRP to generate a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is measured by reading the absorbance at 450 nm which is quantitatively proportional to the amount of biotinylated Wt1 captured in the well and inversely proportional to the amount of Wt1 which was contained in the sample or standard.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-Wt1 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|Wt1 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Wt1-Biotin Complex||1 x 60 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Biotin Complex Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 84%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Wt1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Wt1.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural Mouse Wilms tumor protein homolog. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Competitive Immunoassay