- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Vascular endothelial growth factor A
- Alias Symbols:
- Vpf, Vegf, Vegf120, Vegf164, Vegf188, Vegfa
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-152 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- RABBIT ANTI MOUSE VEGF
- Protein Size (# AA):
- ELISA, WB, IHC-P, IF
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Vegfa.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Vegfa.
- The immunogen for anti-Vegfa antibody: recombinant mouse VEGF
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water
Storage: Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Aviva recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
N.B. For functional studies do not add sodium azide
- Printable datasheet for anti-Vegfa antibody - OASA08493
- OASA08493 is specific for mouse Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF)
VEGF is a homodimeric protein expressed by various vascularized tissues.
VEGF is reported to stimulate endothelial cell growth and angiogenesis.
- Polyclonal IgG
- Application Info:
- Western Blotting : 0.1ug/ml - 0.2ug/ml
ELISA : 0.5ug/ml
This antibody may be used in indirect ELISA or as a capture reagent in a sandwich ELISA with OASA08494 as a detection reagent and OPSA11123 as the standard.
Immunohistology - Paraffin: 2.5ug/ml
This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. 1mM EDTA buffer pH 8.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Histology Positive Control Tissue : Kidney
- Additional Information:
- Note: Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Aviva Systems Biology recommend that the vial is gently vortexed after reconstitution and microcentrifuged before use.
For long term
- Preservative Stabilisers: None present
Antiserum Preparation: Antisera to mouse VEGF were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution.
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline