- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Voltage-dependent anion channel 1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Voltage-dependent anion-selective channel protein 1
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- PORIN, VDAC-1
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-171785 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- The voltage-dependent anion-selective channel 1 (VDAC1) functions as a channel in membranous structures for the outer mitochondrial membrane, the cell membrane, endosomes, caveolae, the sarcoplasmatic reticulum, synaptosomes, and post-synaptic density fraction. A major function of VDAC1 in the plasma membrane is that of a NADH(-ferricyanide) reductase that may be involved in the maintenance of cellular redox homeostasis.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Protein A purified
- IHC, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express VDAC1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express VDAC1.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human VDAC1
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%; Sheep: 100%; Zebrafish: 86%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-VDAC1 (ARP35122_T100)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: SAKVNNSSLIGLGYTQTLKPGIKLTLSALLDGKNVNAGGHKLGLGLEFQA
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- UBC; KLHL40; SPRTN; MDM2; ADRB2; ASB14; ASB17; PARK2; BAG3; env; VCAM1; HK1; ATF2; FMNL1; TUBA1B; MDC1; CAV1; Htt; SFXN3; SUGP1; UBAP2; UFM1; ACAD9; MGAT4B; ACAA2; ZMPSTE24; VAPA; ALDH5A1; SF1; VDAC3; VDAC2; UBA52; TIAL1; FLOT2; CDK2; SIRT7; SUMO4; MAPK3;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-VDAC1 (ARP35122_T100) antibody is Catalog # AAP35122 (Previous Catalog # AAPP06353)
- Printable datasheet for anti-VDAC1 (ARP35122_T100) antibody
- Sample Type Confirmation:
VDAC1 is strongly supported by BioGPS gene expression data to be expressed in HepG2
- Target Reference:
- Zheng,Y., et al., (2004) Oncogene 23 (6), 1239-1247
ArduÃno, D. M. et al. Mitochondrial metabolism in Parkinsonâ€™s disease impairs quality control autophagy by hampering microtubule-dependent traffic. Hum. Mol. Genet. 21, 4680-702 (2012). IHC, WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish 22843496
Chen, S. et al. Reduced expression of lamin A/C results in modified cell signaling and metabolism coupled with changes in expression of structural proteins. J. Proteome Res. 8, 5196-211 (2009). IHC, WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish 19775189
Rousset, F., Nguyen, M. V. C., Grange, L., Morel, F. & Lardy, B. Heme oxygenase-1 regulates matrix metalloproteinase MMP-1 secretion and chondrocyte cell death via Nox4 NADPH oxidase activity in chondrocytes. PLoS One 8, e66478 (2013). IHC, WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish 23840483
Submitted by: Anonymous
Immunoprecipitation of endogenous VDAC protein from CHO cells transfected with empty vector (CHO P4) or with mutated APP (amyloid precursor protein [CHO APP-LDN])
Sample type: Mouse brain, subcellular fractions.
1- Preclearing: 40 ug proteins were incubated with 50 ul IgG A beads for 1h at 4°C on a wheel, then centrifuged at 1200 rpm for 5 min. Supernatant is conserved for the experiment.
2- IP: Supernatant is incubated with 4 ul Aviva antibody over night at 4°C on wheel.
3- The day after: addition of 50 ul IgG A beads and incubation for 3h at 4°C on wheel.
4- Washing with PBS+protease inhibitors+NP40 0.5% (2 times).
5- Addition of 2x Laemli buffer on washed beads and heating at 100°C for 5 min.
6- Centrifugation and loading of supernatant on SDS-Acrylamide gel.
Sample type: Mouse brain, subcellular fractions (homogenate, crude mitochondria, pure mitochondria, microsomes, mitochondrial associated membranes).
Lane 1: 30ug mouse brain subcellular fraction (mitochondria associated membranes)
Lane 2: 30ug mouse brain subcellular fraction (endoplasmic reticulum)
Lane 3: 30ug mouse brain subcellular fraction (pure mitochondria)
Lane 4: 30ug mouse brain subcellular fraction (crude mitochondria)
Lane 5: 30ug mouse brain homogenate
Sample preparation method: ref: Wieckowski MR, Nature protocols, 2009; 4(11):1582-90.
Primary antibody dilution: 1:5000
Secondary antibody and dilution: 1:2000
Product page for VDAC1 antibody - C-terminal region (ARP35122_T100)
Researcher: David Colecchia, Ph.D, Istituto Toscano Tumori, Core Research Laboratory, presso Fondazione Toscana Life Sciences
Application: Western blotting
Species + Tissue/Cell type: Lane 1: 50ug HeLa lysate Lane 2: 50ug 293T lysate Lane 3: 50ug K562 lysate Lane 4: 50ug MDA-MB-231 lysate
Primary antibody dilution: 1:1000
Secondary antibody: Anti-rabbit-HRP
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:1000
|How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?||It works as good by WB.|
|How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why?||4, it works quite well on endogenous protein.|
|Would you use this antibody in future experiments?||Yes|
|Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?||Yes|
|Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva's website is correct?||Yes|
|If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?||Yes, because signal is clean|
|How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?||Frozen at -20 degree C|
|Sample Description (please include 1) species type, and 2) cell/tissue type, and 3) how much protein loaded for each lane of your gel):||Human cancer cell line: Hela, 293T, K562, MDA-231. 50 micrograms per lane.|
|How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?||Three|
|How was this sample prepared?||Cells were washed in PBS and lysed in Ripa buffer. Lysates were cleared by centrifugation at 15000g for 10 minutes. Then lysates were quantified by Bradford. Laemmli 5X was added to each sample of 50 ug of protein and was boiled and loaded.|
|Primary antibody dilution and incubation time:||1:200 in TBS-Tween 0.1% and milk 5%. 2 hours|
|Secondary antibody used and dilution and incubation time:||Anti-rabbit-HRP (Santacruz, sc-2000) 1:1000. 1 hour.|
|What controls were used in your experiment (positive/negative)?||Human cancer cell lines|
|Please include your detailed WB Procedure/Protocol here:||Protein electrophoresis on SDS-PAGE 8% gel. Tranfer wet 1 hour at 400 mA at 4 degree C on PVDF membrane. Wash in TBS-T 5 minutes. Blocking o/n in 5% milk TBS-T with agitation at 4 degree C. Primary Antibody for 2 hours. 4 washes in TBS-T for 5 minutes. Secondary Antibody for 1 hour. 4 washes in TBS-T for 5 minutes. ECL used for chemioluminescence.|