- Official Gene Full Name:
- vascular cell adhesion molecule 1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- MGC108734, Vascular cell adhesion protein 1, Vcam-1, VCAM-1, V-CAM 1, VCAM1B
- Description of Target:
- Important in cell-cell recognition. Appears to function in leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion. Interacts with integrin alpha-4/beta-1 (ITGA4/ITGB1) on leukocytes, and mediates both adhesion and signal transduction. The VCAM1/ITGA4/ITGB1 interaction may play a pathophysiologic role both in immune responses and in leukocyte emigration to sites of inflammation.
- Protein Name:
- Vascular cell adhesion protein 1
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Urine, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates, Other biological fluids
- < 0.142 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.312 - 20 ng/mL
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology VCAM1 ELISA Kit (Rat) (OKEH02979) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for Vcam1 has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for Vcam1 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Vcam1 captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-Vcam1 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|Vcam1 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X Biotinylated Vcam1 Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Vcam1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Vcam1.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural rat V-CAM 1. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich Immunoassay