- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Splicing factor U2AF 35 kDa subunit
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- Splicing factor U2AF 35 kDa subunit, U2 auxiliary factor 35 kDa subunit, U2 snRNP auxiliary factor small subunit, U2AF1, U2AF35, U2AFBP
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-19663 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- U2AF1 belongs to the splicing factor SR family. U2 auxiliary factor, comprising a large and a small subunit, is a non-snRNP protein required for the binding of U2 snRNP to the pre-mRNA branch site. This gene encodes the small subunit which plays a critical role in both constitutive and enhancer-dependent RNA splicing by directly mediating interactions between the large subunit and proteins bound to the enhancers.
- Molecular Weight:
- 27872 Da (35 kDa subunit) Da
- This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis against PBS.
- WB, FC, IHC-P
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express U2AF1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express U2AF1.
- This U2AF1 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 99-125 amino acids from the Central region of human U2AF1.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow; Mouse
- Product Format:
- Liquid. PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Maintain refrigerated at 2-8C for up to 2 weeks. For long term storage store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Printable datasheet for anti-U2AF1 antibody - OAAB01511
- Rabbit Ig
- Intended Use:
- For research use only and not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- Application Info:
- WB: 1:1000
- Additional Information:
- Function: Plays a critical role in both constitutive and enhancer- dependent splicing by mediating protein-protein interactions and protein-RNA interactions required for accurate 3'-splice site selection. Recruits U2 snRNP to the branch point. Directly mediates interactions between U2AF2 and proteins bound to the enhancers and thus may function as a bridge between U2AF2 and the enhancer complex to recruit it to the adjacent intron.
Cellular Location: Nucleus. Nucleus speckle.
- Tips Information:
Sample type: HeLa cells
Lane 1: 15ug HeLa nuclear extract
Lane 2: 30ug HeLa nuclear extract
Primary antibody dilution: 1:500 O.N. at 4°C.
Secondary antibody and dilution:
Goat anti-mouse IgG-HRP; 1:10 000.
Goat anti-rabbit IgG-HRP; 1:15 000.
Protocol: Various samples were run and separated on a Bis-Tris 4-12% gradient gel in MOPS 1x buffer, under denaturing conditions. The samples were transferred on PVDF membrane (30V constant;1h, 30 min) and blotted with the antibodies. After blocking for aspecific binding all primary antibodies were incubated O.N., at 4 degrees. Washing and secondary antibody staining was performed on SNAP i.d 2.0 Protein Detection System, Millipore, according to instructions. After incubation with ECL, the membranes were exposed for a maximum of 10 minutes.