- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- TRAP, TRAP3, MGC:45012
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- TNF receptor-associated factor 2
- Protein Accession #:
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the TNF receptor associated factor (TRAF) protein family. TRAF proteins associate with, and mediate the signal transduction from members of the TNF receptor superfamily. This protein directly interacts with TNF receptors, and forms a heterodimeric complex with TRAF1. This protein is required for TNF-alpha-mediated activation of MAPK8/JNK and NF-kappaB. The protein complex formed by this protein and TRAF1 interacts with the inhibitor-of-apoptosis proteins (IAPs), and functions as a mediator of the anti-apoptotic signals from TNF receptors. The interaction of this protein with TRADD, a TNF receptor associated apoptotic signal transducer, ensures the recruitment of IAPs for the direct inhibition of caspase activation. BIRC2/c-IAP1, an apoptosis inhibitor possessing ubiquitin ligase activity, can unbiquitinate and induce the degradation of this protein, and thus potentiate TNF-induced apoptosis. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants have been found for this gene, but the biological validity of only one transcript has been determined.
- Molecular Weight:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express TRAF2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express TRAF2.
- Protein Interactions:
- SUMO1P1; ZNF662; C17orf82; VWA2; TRIM42; CEP57L1; MORN3; NATD1; PCSK9; PPP1R18; CDC20B; ZBTB49; IQUB; ZMAT2; TMC8; EDARADD; ZNF488; CATSPER1; EXOC3-AS1; HENMT1; TIFA; RIPPLY1; FDXACB1; UBXN11; CD40; AQP1; AES; ACTN3; SPG21; TCEA2; ATXN1; RAD23A; PRKAB2; P
- Quality Control:
- This product was tested on western blot.
Application : Western blot standard.
Observed Molecular Weight: 40
Expression system : Bacteria
- GST in N-terminal
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 200ul of distilled water. Final concentration is 1 mg/ml. For longer periods of storage, store at -20C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- Additional Information:
- Buffer Formulation: 0.1M Tris-HCl (pH 6.8) buffer containing 0.2M DTT, 4% SDS, 0.2% Bromophenol blue and 20% Sucrose.