- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Cellular tumor antigen p53
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- P53, LFS1, TRP53, FLJ92943, TP53
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-126 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- Tumor protein p53 responds to diverse cellular stresses to regulate target genes that induce cell cycle arrest, apoptosis, senescence, DNA repair, or changes in metabolism. p53 protein is expressed at low level in normal cells and at a high level in a variety of transformed cell lines, where it's believed to contribute to transformation and malignancy. p53 is a DNA-binding protein containing transcription activation, DNA-binding, and oligomerization domains. It is postulated to bind to a p53-binding site and activate expression of downstream genes that inhibit growth and/or invasion, and thus function as a tumor suppressor. Mutants of p53 that frequently occur in a number of different human cancers fail to bind the consensus DNA binding site, and hence cause the loss of tumor suppressor activity. Alterations of this gene occur not only as somatic mutations in human malignancies, but also as germline mutations in some cancer-prone families with Li-Fraumeni syndrome
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- CHIP, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express TP53.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express TP53.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Printable datasheet for anti-TP53 (AMM00024) antibody
- Sample Type Confirmation:
TP53 is supported by BioGPS gene expression data to be expressed in Daudi
- Mouse IgG
- Target Reference:
- Khanna,K.K., et al., Nat. Genet. 20 (4), 398-400 (1998)
Product page for TP53 Antibody (AMM00024)
Researcher: Andrei L. Gartel, University of Illinois at Chicago
Application: Western blotting
Species + Tissue/Cell type: Lane 1: 25ug MIA PaCa-2 cell lysate Lane 2: 25ug MDA-MB-231 cell lysate Lane 3: 25ug Huh-7 cell lysate
Primary antibody dilution: 1:2000
Secondary antibody: Anti-rabbit-HRP
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:5000
|How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?||We haven't used them until the trial.|
|How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why?||5: -no background bands|
|Would you use this antibody in future experiments?||May be|
|Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?||Yes|
|Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva's website is correct?||Yes|
|If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?||May be.|
|How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?||4 degree C|
|Sample Description (please include 1) species type, and 2) cell/tissue type, and 3) how much protein loaded for each lane of your gel):||Human cancer cells; 25 ng|
|How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?||One|
|How was this sample prepared?||Cells were lysed in 20mM Hepes, 1% Triton-X-100, 150mM NaCl, 1mM EDTA, 1mM EGTA, 100 mM NaF, 10mM Na4P2O7, 1mM Na3VO4, 0.2mM PMSF containing buffer.|
|Primary antibody dilution and incubation time:||1:2000; overnight at 4 degree C|
|Secondary antibody used and dilution and incubation time:||1:5000; 1 hr at room temp.; Jackson Immunoresearch|
|What controls were used in your experiment (positive/negative)?||Our own corresponding antibodies.|
|Please include your detailed WB Procedure/Protocol here:|| - Samples were mix on 10% gel in 1X running buffer (Tris-Glycine-SDS).
- Transfered to PVDF membrane in trannsfer buffer (Tris-Glycine-MeOH) for 24hrs at 48V.
- Blocked in 5% milk (in TBST) for 1 hr at room temp.
- Primary1:2000 overnight at 4 degree C.
- Washed 3X 15 min in TBST.
- Secondary 1:5000 1 hr at room temp.
- Washed 3x 15 min in TBST.
- Substrate (Thermo scientific #34080) for 5 min and expose film for 30 sec, 3 min or overnight.