- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology TNF ELISA Kit (Rat) (OKEH00223) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for TNF has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. After washing,a biotinylated detector antibody specific for TNF is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away.An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample TNF captured in well.
- Kit Range:
- 15.6 - 1000pg/mL
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 96%
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 5.3% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 9.5% (n = 20)
- Kit Component:
|TNF Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|TNF Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Biotinylated TNF Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- tumor necrosis factor
- Alias Symbols:
- Cachectin, MGC124630, RATTNF, Tnfa, TNF-a, TNF-alpha, Tnfsf2, Tumor necrosis factor, Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Tumor necrosis factor
- Description of Target:
- Cytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- 7.84 pg/mL
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express TNF.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express TNF.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Natural and recombinant Rat Tumor necrosis factor