- Alias Symbols:
- DIF, TNFA, TNFSF2, TNF-alpha, TNF
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Tumor necrosis factor
- Description of Target:
- RECOMBINANT HUMAN TNF ALPHA
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- 17.4 kD based on 157 amino acid sequence
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express TNF.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express TNF.
- Product Format:
- Purified recombinant cytokine - lyophilised
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Biological Activity:
- This product has a specific activity of >2 x 107 units/mg as determined by cytolysis of L929 cells in the presence of Actinomycin D.
- Application Info:
- Suggested Dilutions:
ELISA: 0.2-0.4 ng/well
Western Blot: 1.5-3.0 ng/lane
Functional Assays: 0.05 ng/ml -20 ng/ml
This product may be used as a standard in ELISA with either OASA06477 or OASA06478.
This product may be used as the positive control in Western Blotting applications with either OASA06477 or OASA06478.
- Additional Information:
- Approx Protein Conc: Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
Buffer solution: TRIS buffered saline
- Endotoxin Level: < 0.1ng/ug
- Preservative: None present
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Aviva Systems Biology recommends that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended. N.B. For functional studies do not add sodium azide.
Storage: Prior to reconstitution store at +4C. Following reconstitution store at -20C. This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Target Reference:
- 1. Cernuda-Morollon, E. et al. (2001) 15-Deoxy-Delta 12,14-prostaglandin J2 inhibition of NF-kappaB-DNA binding through covalent modification of the p50 subunit. J. Biol.Chem. 276 (38): 35530 - 35536
2. Taubert, A. & Hermosilla, C. (2008) Bovine recombinant IFNgamma induces endothelial cell gene transcription of immunoregulatory molecules and upregulates PMN and PBMC adhesion on bovine endothelial cells. Vet Res Commun. 32: 35-47.
- Printable datasheet for OPSA10958