- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- cell migration inducing hyaluronan binding protein
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Transmembrane Protein 2 Like Protein, Transmembrane protein 2, CCSP1; HYBID; TMEM2L; KIAA1199, Cell migration-inducing and hyaluronan-binding protein, CEMIP
- Description of Target:
- Mediates depolymerization of hyaluronic acid (HA) via the cell membrane-associated clathrin-coated pit endocytic pathway. Binds to hyaluronic acid. Hydrolyzes high molecular weight hyaluronic acid to produce an intermediate-sized product, a process that may occur through rapid vesicle endocytosis and recycling without intracytoplasmic accumulation or digestion in lysosomes. Involved in hyaluronan catabolism in the dermis of the skin and arthritic synovium. Positively regulates epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT), and hence tumor cell growth, invasion and cancer dissemination. In collaboration with HSPA5/BIP, promotes cancer cell migration in a calcium and PKC-dependent manner. May be involved in hearing.
- Protein Name:
- Cell migration-inducing and hyaluronan-binding protein
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Tissue homogenates, Cell lysates and Other biological fluids
- < 0.052 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.156-10 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
Intra-assay Precision (Precision within an assay): 3 samples with low, middle and high level TMEM2L were tested 20 times on one plate, respectively.
Inter-assay Precision (Precision between assays): 3 samples with low, middle and high level TMEM2L were tested on 3 different plates, 8 replicates in each plate.
- Kit Duration:
- ~4 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology TMEM2L ELISA Kit (Human) (OKDD00566) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay methodology. An antibody for TMEM2L has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for TMEM2L is added, incubated and removed. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample TMEM2L captured in well.
- Kit Component:
Component Amount Anti-TMEM2L Microplate 96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips) TMEM2L Lyophilized Standard 2 x 10 ng Standard Diluent 1 x 20 mL 100X TMEM2L Biotinylated Detector Antibody 1 x 120 µL 100X Avidin-HRP Detection Conjugate 1 x 120 µL Detector Antibody Diluent 1 x 12 mL Detection Conjugate Diluent 1 x 12 mL 10X Sample Diluent 1 x 30 mL 30X Wash Buffer 1 x 20 mL TMB Substrate 1 x 9 mL Stop Solution 1 x 6 mL
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express TMEM2L.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express TMEM2L.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay has high sensitivity and excellent specificity for detection of TMEM2L. No significant cross-reactivity or interference between TMEM2L and analogues was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Quantitative Sandwich ELISA
- Molecular Weight:
- 153 kDa
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Tips Information: