- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- IHC, WB
- Additional Information:
- IHC Information: Paraffin embedded testis tissue, tested with an antibody dilution of 5 ug/ml.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Tight junction protein 1 (zona occludens 1)
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Tight junction protein ZO-1
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- DKFZp686M05161, MGC133289, ZO-1
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-10804 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- TJP1 is a protein located on a cytoplasmic membrane surface of intercellular tight junctions. TJP1 may be involved in signal transduction at cell-cell junctions.This gene encodes a protein located on a cytoplasmic membrane surface of intercellular tight junctions. The encoded protein may be involved in signal transduction at cell-cell junctions. Two transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been identified for this gene.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express TJP1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express TJP1.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human TJP1
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Dog: 92%; Guinea Pig: 86%; Horse: 93%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 87%; Pig: 93%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 93%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-TJP1 (ARP36636_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: QNHVLKQPAVSHPGHRPDKEPNLTYEPQLPYVEKQASRDLEQPTYRYESS
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- VMP1; RAPGEF2; LATS2; TJP2; PAN2; DTNA; UBC; SCO2; VAPA; VAPB; ZPR1; NOTCH2; NDUFV2; NDUFS6; SUGP1; RTN4; STRN; PARD3; PARD6A; PRKCI; SIRT7; KHDRBS1; ELAVL1; SSTR3; Cdk1; TUBA1C; TUBB4A; VIM; SPTAN1; PLEC; KRT10; KRT8; KRT1; GJA1; FLNA; ANXA6; ACTN1; ACTN
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-TJP1 (ARP36636_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP36636 (Previous Catalog # AAPP07874)
- Printable datasheet for anti-TJP1 (ARP36636_P050) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Shen,L., (2008) J. Cell Biol. 181 (4), 683-695
Sagol Neuroscience Center
1. Species and tissue/cell type used: Human Brain (frozen sections)
2. Primary antibody dilution: 1:500
3. Stain/counterstain: Fluorescein Lectin as a marker for blood vessels. Wide arrow: unspecific staining. (probably neurons). Narrow arrows: specific staining of ZO-1 in blood vessels.