- Official Gene Full Name:
- thyroid hormone receptor, alpha
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- AR7, c-erbA-1, c-ERBA-1, c-erbA-alpha, EAR7, EAR-7, EAR-7.1/EAR-7.2, ERBA, ERBA1, ERB-T-1, MGC000261, MGC43240, NR1A1, Nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group A member 1, THRA1, THRA2, THRA3, Thyroid hormone receptor alpha, V-erbA-related protein 7
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene is a nuclear hormone receptor for triiodothyronine. It is one of the several receptors for thyroid hormone, and has been shown to mediate the biological activities of thyroid hormone. Knockout studies in mice suggest that the different receptors, while having certain extent of redundancy, may mediate different functions of thyroid hormone. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been reported.
- Protein Name:
- Thyroid hormone receptor alpha
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates , Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- < 0.39 U/L
- Kit Range:
- 1.56 - 100 U/L
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 5.2% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 10.2% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology THRA ELISA Kit (Human) (OKEH02929) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for THRA has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for THRA is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample THRA captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|THRA Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|THRA Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Biotinylated THRA Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 105%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express THRA.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express THRA.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural human Thyroid hormone receptor alpha. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich Immunoassay