- Official Gene Full Name:
- trefoil factor 2
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- SML1, SP, Spasmolysin, Spasmolytic polypeptide, Trefoil factor 2
- Description of Target:
- Members of the trefoil family are characterized by having at least one copy of the trefoil motif, a 40-amino acid domain that contains three conserved disulfides. They are stable secretory proteins expressed in gastrointestinal mucosa. Their functions are not defined, but they may protect the mucosa from insults, stabilize the mucus layer and affect healing of the epithelium. The encoded protein inhibits gastric acid secretion. This gene and two other related trefoil family member genes are found in a cluster on chromosome 21.
- Protein Name:
- Trefoil factor 2
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates , Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- < 31 pg/mL
- Kit Range:
- 78 - 5,000 pg/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 5.3% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 7.6% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology TFF2 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKEH02921) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for TFF2 has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for TFF2 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample TFF2 captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|TFF2 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|TFF2 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Biotinylated TFF2 Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 97%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express TFF2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express TFF2.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural human Trefoil factor 2. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.