- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- IHC, WB
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-130428 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human TBX18
- Affinity Purified
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%; Zebrafish: 92%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-TBX18 (ARP37832_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: NQTHQGSYNTFRLHSPCALYGYNFSTSPKLAASPEKIVSSQGSFLGSSPS
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-TBX18 (ARP37832_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP37832 (Previous Catalog # AAPP09062)
- Printable datasheet for anti-TBX18 (ARP37832_P050) antibody
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- T-box 18
- Alias Symbols:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- T-box transcription factor TBX18
- Description of Target:
- TBX18 is a probable transcriptional regulator involved in developmental processes.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express TBX18.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express TBX18.
UCSD School Of Medicine
" We did Tbx18 antibody staining in 24 hpf zebrafish embryos carrying the cmlc2:GFP transgene, which labels the cardiomyocytes of the heart. I do see some nuclear staining near the inflow tract of the heart (pointed out with arrows), but I'm not sure whether it's specific or nonspecific staining. We need to further validate what these cells are to make sure whether it's specific staining."
1. Species and tissue/cell type used: Zebrafish embryos, heart region.
2. Fixation method: 4% PFA overnight at 4C.
3. Primary antibody dilution: 1:100
4. Secondary antibody and dilution: 1:250
5. Stain/counterstain: Nuclear staining
1. Fix dechorionated embryos in 4% PFA overnight at 4C.
2. Wash 3x5 min with PBSTw.
3. Permeabilize embryos in 0.5% Triton in PBSTw for 2hrs at RT.
4. Wash 3x5min with PBSTw.
5. Block in 2mg/ml BSA in PBSTw for at least for 1hr at RT.
6. Incubate overnight at 4C in PBSTw + 2mg/ml BSA + Tbx18 antibody (1:100).
7. Wash 3x 5min with PBSTw.
8. Incubate in PBSTw + secondary antibody (goat anti rabbit 555, 1:250) for 2hrs at RT.
9. Wash 3x 5min with PBSTw.