- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Kit Duration:
- 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology Srd5a1 ELISA Kit (Rat) (OKCD02894) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for Srd5a1 has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wellss, incubated and removed.A biotinylated detector antibody specific for Srd5a1 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away.An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP to generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidicstop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Srd5a1 captured in well.
- Kit Range:
- 0.156-10 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level SRD5A1 was tested with 20 replicates across one plate.
Inter-assay Precision: 3 samples with known low, middle and high level SRD5A1 was tested on three different plates with 8 replicates, respectively.
Intra-Assay CV: <10% (n=20)
Inter-Assay CV: <12% (n=24)
- Kit Component:
|Anti-SRD5A1 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|SRD5A1 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X Biotinylated SRD5A1 Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 6 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 9 mL|
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- steroid 5 alpha-reductase 1
- Alias Symbols:
- 3-oxo-5-alpha-steroid 4-dehydrogenase 1, MGC156498, S5AR 1, SR type 1, Steroid 5-alpha-reductase 1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- 3-oxo-5-alpha-steroid 4-dehydrogenase 1
- Description of Target:
- Converts testosterone into 5-alpha-dihydrotestosterone and progesterone or corticosterone into their corresponding 5-alpha-3-oxosteroids. It plays a central role in sexual differentiation and androgen physiology.
- Sample Type:
- Tissue homogenates, cell lysates and other biological fluids
- 0.058 ng/mL
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express SRD5A1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express SRD5A1.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- This assay has high sensitivity and excellent specificity for detection of Steroid 5 Alpha Reductase 1 (SRD5a1).
No significant cross-reactivity or interference between Steroid 5 Alpha Reductase 1 (SRD5a1) and analogues was observed