- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 9
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Transcription factor SOX-9
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- CMD1, CMPD1, SRA1
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-126032 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- SOX9 recognizes the sequence CCTTGAG along with other members of the HMG-box class DNA-binding proteins. It acts during chondrocyte differentiation and, with steroidogenic factor 1, regulates transcription of the anti-Muellerian hormone (AMH) gene. Deficiencies lead to the skeletal malformation syndrome campomelic dysplasia, frequently with sex reversal.The protein encoded by this gene recognizes the sequence CCTTGAG along with other members of the HMG-box class DNA-binding proteins. It acts during chondrocyte differentiation and, with steroidogenic factor 1, regulates transcription of the anti-Muellerian hormone (AMH) gene. Deficiencies lead to the skeletal malformation syndrome campomelic dysplasia, frequently with sex reversal. Publication Note: This RefSeq record includes a subset of the publications that are available for this gene. Please see the Entrez Gene record to access additional publications.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- WB, FC
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express SOX9.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express SOX9.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human SOX9
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Human, Rat
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 86%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 86%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Pig: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%; Zebrafish: 86%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-SOX9 (ARP37986_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: AGQGTGLYSTFTYMNPAQRPMYTPIADTSGVPSIPQTHSPQHWEQPVYTQ
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- ZBTB7A; SCX; HERC1; UBC; SOX9; ATP6V1H; ctnnb1-a; RUNX2; SMAD3; SMAD2; EP300; CREB3L4; SPEN; KPNB1; TRAF2; CREBBP; MED12; NR5A1; MAF; HSPA1A; CREB1;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-SOX9 (ARP37986_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP37986 (Previous Catalog # AAPP23274)
- Printable datasheet for anti-SOX9 (ARP37986_P050) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Vidal,V.P., (2008) J. Cutan. Pathol. 35 (4), 373-379
Lau, E.-L., Lee, M.-F. & Chang, C.-F. Conserved sex-specific timing of meiotic initiation during sex differentiation in the protandrous black porgy Acanthopagrus schlegelii. Biol. Reprod. 88, 150 (2013). WB, FC, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish 23616595
Application: Flow Cytometry
Researcher: Dr. Ade Kallas, University of tartu
Species + Tissue/Cell type: A. Human H9 cells and B. Human H9 cells+Na+Butyrate
Primary antibody dilution: 2ug+1x106 cells
Secondary antibody: Chicken anti rabbit-Alexa Fluor 488
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:1000
|How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?||Different antibodies are used to detect antigens in cells for studying their expression profile.|
|How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why?||4|
|Would you use this antibody in future experiments?||Yes|
|Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?||No|
|Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva's website is correct?||Yes|
|If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?||Yes. This antibody will be included into panel of antibodies used for detecting differentation of human embryonic stem cells.|
|How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?||One week at 4 C, then aliquots at -20 C for longer period.|
|Sample Description (please include species type and tissue/cell type):||Human embryonic stem cells (H9 cell line, Wicell, USA) in pluripotent state and at day 3 of differentiation initiated with Sodium Butyrate.|
|How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?||Cells at pluripotent state and at differentiation (Day 3) were analysed 3 times.|
|Primary antibody dilution, incubation time and temperature, conjugate type (fluorophore, quantum dot, isotope, etc. ) used:||2 ul of antibody solution (1mg/ml) was used to stain 1x106 cells for 30 min at RT. Another sample was stained in the same conditions with isotype control antibody (Rabbit IgG, ChiP grade, Abcam). Isotype control antibody was added in the amount equal with SOX9 antibody protein concentration.|
|Other labeling reagents used (please include dilution, incubation time and temperature and conjugate type):||As a secondary regaent we used chicken anti-rabbit IgG conjugated with Alexa Fluor 488 (e-Bioscience) at dilution 1:1000 in 100 ul PBS (caontaining 1% BSA, and 2mM EDTA) for 30 min at RT.|
|What controls were used in your experiment?||Rabbit IgG (Chip grade, Abcam) was used as an isotype control in every experiment.
AS a biological negative control we used pluripotent undifferentiated hESC cells and for positive control
differentiated hESC cells (hESC treated with Sodium Butyrate for 3 days according to differentiation protocol to induce cells of endodermal lineage) were used.
|From your Flow images, briefly explain the different populations represented:||Histogram with black line represents the staining with SOX9 antibody (Day 0 and Day 3 at differentiation).
Histogram with red line represents the staining with isotype control antibody. There is a detectable shift in fluorecsence intensity of cell population representing cells expressing SOX9 at Day 3.