- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Additional Information:
- Background Info: Apparent mol. wt of 97kD, non-glycosylated version at
68kD. Other minor bands
associated with hNIS at160
kDa, and degradation products
at ~30 kDa, and ~15kDa.
- Scientific Background: The sodium iodide symporter (NIS) is an ion pump that actively transports iodide across the basolateral
membrane into thyroid epithelial cells (1, 2). This is
important step in the process of iodide organificaton and
the formation of triiodothyronine and thyroxine (3).
- Certificate of Analysis: 1 ug/mL was sufficient for detection of hNIS in 20 ug of transfected COS-7 cell membrane lysate by ECL immunoblot analysis using Goat anti-mouse IgG:HRP as the secondary antibody.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20C. Shipping in Blue Ice or 4C.
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- solute carrier family 5 (sodium/iodide cotransporter), member 5
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-34189 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Protein G Purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express SLC5A5.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express SLC5A5.
- Mannose binding protein hNIS fusion (AA468-643)
- Printable datasheet for OASE00238