- Official Gene Full Name:
- superoxide dismutase 3, extracellular
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- EC-SOD, Sod-3, Superoxide dismutase B
- Description of Target:
- Protect the extracellular space from toxic effect of reactive oxygen intermediates by converting superoxide radicals into hydrogen peroxide and oxygen.
- Protein Name:
- Extracellular superoxide dismutase [Cu-Zn](EC-SOD)
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- < 15.6 pg/mL
- Kit Range:
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology SOD3 ELISA Kit (Rat) (OKEH03478) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for Sod3 has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and incubated.After washing, a biotinylated detector antibody specific for Sod3 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away.An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidicstop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Sod3 captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-Sod3 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|Sod3 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Biotinylated Sod3 Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- <= 5.2%, n = 20, <= 9.7%, n = 20, Mean recovery when spiking into Serum and Plasma = 111%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Sod3.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Sod3.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural ratEC-SOD. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich Immunoassay