- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- BSP1, JV41, JV4-1, MADH1, MADR1, BSP-1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 1
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene belongs to the SMAD, a family of proteins similar to the gene products of the Drosophila gene 'mothers against decapentaplegic' (Mad) and the C. elegans gene Sma. SMAD proteins are signal transducers and transcriptional modulators that mediate multiple signaling pathways. This protein mediates the signals of the bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs), which are involved in a range of biological activities including cell growth, apoptosis, morphogenesis, development and immune responses. In response to BMP ligands, this protein can be phosphorylated and activated by the BMP receptor kinase. The phosphorylated form of this protein forms a complex with SMAD4, which is important for its function in the transcription regulation. This protein is a target for SMAD-specific E3 ubiquitin ligases, such as SMURF1 and SMURF2, and undergoes ubiquitination and proteasome-mediated degradation. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding the same protein have been observed.
- Molecular Weight:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express SMAD1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express SMAD1.
- Protein Interactions:
- HDAC1; SMURF1; WDR77; AR; UBC; ACVRL1; SMAD4; LEMD3; MAPK1; GSK3B; ZNF521; ZNF423; AKR1B1; AP2A2; PIAS4; ZDHHC3; HBP1; IRF2BP1; SF3B1; MGA; ZNF510; ICK; GMEB1; ZEB2; PUM1; PIGQ; PIAS1; TTF2; KMT2D; ZNF76; XPC; TTF1; SOX5; SNRNP70; SMAD3; SMAD2; SMAD1; INP
- Quality Control:
- This product was tested on western blot.
Application : Western blot standard.
Observed Molecular Weight: 44
Expression system : Bacteria
- GST in N-terminal
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 200ul of distilled water. Final concentration is 1 mg/ml. For longer periods of storage, store at -20C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.