- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- SH3-domain GRB2-like 1
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-10876 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Protein G Purified
- WB, IHC, IP
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express SH3GL1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express SH3GL1.
- Synthetic peptide amino acids 287-302 od rat SH3GL1, accession number AAH70893.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20C. Shipping in Blue Ice or 4C.
- Printable datasheet for OASE00211
- 1ug/mL (WB), 0.1-1ug/mL (IHC/ICC), 1-10ug/mL (IF)
- Additional Information:
- Background Info: ~43kDa.
- Scientific Background: Endophilin-A2 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the SH3GL1 gene (3, 4). Endophilin-A2 is an SH3 domain containing
protein that is involved in the clathrin-mediated
endocytosis and recycling of synaptic vesicles (5. Its SH3
domain lies at the C-terminus of the protein, and can bind
proline-rich sequences on other endocytotic proteins (6). It
also binds the C-terminus of the voltage-gated calcium
channel in a calcium-dependent manner, which serves to
enrich the endocytotic machinery at nerve terminals
- Certificate of Analysis: 1 ug/mL was sufficient for detection of SH3GL1 in 10ug of rat brain lysate by colorimetric immunoblot analysis using Goat anti-mouse IgG:HRP as the secondary antibody.
- Storage Buffer:
- PBS pH7.4, 50% glycerol
- Target Reference:
- 1. Hille B. (2001) Ion Channels of Excitable Membranes, 3rd
Ed., Sinauer Associated Inc.: Sunderland, MA USA., 2. www.iochannels.org,
3. Giachine C., et al. (1997) Genomics 41(3): 427-434.,
4. “Entrez gene: SH3GL1 SHE-domain GRB2-like 1”
5. Ringstad N., Nemoto Y., and De Camilli P. (1997) Proc
Natl Acad Sci. USA 94: 8569-8574.,
6. Loll P.J., et al. (2008) Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol
Cyst Commun. 64(Pt4): 243-246.,
7. Chen Y., et al. (2003) Cell. 115: 37-48.