- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Additional Information:
- Target Abbr: 5HT
Target Name: Serotonin
- Pubchem: 5202
- Chemical formula: C10H12N2O
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Alias Symbols:
- 5HT, Serotonin, 5HT, 5-hydroxytryptamine
- Protein Name:
- Description of Target:
- Serotonin or 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) is a monoamine neurotransmitter. Biochemically derived from tryptophan, serotonin is primarily found in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, platelets, and in the central nervous system (CNS) of animals including humans. It is popularly thought to be a contributor to feelings of well-being and happiness. Approximately 90% of the human body's total serotonin is located in the enterochromaffin cells in the gut, where it is used to regulate intestinal movements. The remainder is synthesized in serotonergic neurons of the CNS where it has various functions. These include the regulation of mood, appetite, and sleep. Serotonin also has some cognitive functions, including memory and learning. Modulation of serotonin at synapses is thought to be a major action of several classes of pharmacological antidepressants.
- Sample Type:
- Serum, plasma, tissue homogenates, cell culture supernatants and other biological fluids
- 0.35 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.78 - 50ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 5.2% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 9.8% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology Serotonin ELISA Kit (OKEH02558) is based on a competitive enzyme immunoassay technique. The microtiter well-plate in this kit has been pre-coated with an anti-Serotonin antibody. Sample or standards are added to the wells along with a fixed quantity of biotinylated Serotonin and incubated. The Serotonin found in the sample or standards competes with the biotinylated Serotonin for limited binding sites on the immobilized anti-Serotonin antibody. Excess unbound biotinylated Serotonin and sample or standard Serotonin is washed from the plate. Avidin-HRP conjugate is added, incubated and washed. An enzymatic reaction is then produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by the immobilized HRP to generate a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is measured by reading the absorbance at 450 nm which is quantitatively proportional to the amount of biotinylated Serotonin captured in the well and inversely proportional to the amount of Serotonin which was contained in the sample or standard.
- Kit Component:
Component Amount Anti-Serotonin Microplate 96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips) Serotonin Lyophilized Standard 2 x 100 ng Sample Diluent 1 x 20 mL 100X Serotonin-Biotin Complex 1 x 60 uL 100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate 1 x 120 uL Biotin Complex Diluent 1 x 12 mL Conjugate Diluent 1 x 12 mL 25X Wash Buffer 1 x 30 mL TMB Substrate 1 x 10 mL Stop Solution 1 x 10 mL
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Natural and recombinant General Serotonin
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Competitive ELISA
- Tips Information:
I bought... 6 kits for my experiment
I measured serotonin level, brain stem(medulla), rat.
I like easy steps of sample preparation, it's very convenient.
My colleagues will buy this same kits because of that.
Also I really appreciated of kindness
I asked a lot of question and they give the answer quikly,,It was really helpful!