- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- S100 calcium binding protein A9
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- 60B8AG, CAGB, Calgranulin-B, Calprotectin L1H subunit, CFAG, CGLB, L1AG, Leukocyte L1 complex heavy chain, LIAG, MAC387, MIF, Migration inhibitory factor-related protein 14, MRP14, MRP-14, NIF, p14, P14, Protein S100-A9, S100 calcium-binding protein A9
- Description of Target:
- Calcium-binding protein. Has antimicrobial activity towards bacteria and fungi. Important for resistance to invasion by pathogenic bacteria. Up-regulates transcription of genes that are under the control of NF-kappa-B. Plays a role in the development of endotoxic shock in response to bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) (By similarity). Promotes tubulin polymerization when unphosphorylated. Promotes phagocyte migration and infiltration of granulocytes at sites of wounding. Plays a role as a pro-inflammatory mediator in acute and chronic inflammation and up-regulates the release of IL8 and cell-surface expression of ICAM1. Extracellular calprotectin binds to target cells and promotes apoptosis. Antimicrobial and proapoptotic activity is inhibited by zinc ions.
- Protein Name:
- Protein S100-A9
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- < 19.5 pg/mL
- Kit Range:
- 78.0 - 5,000 pg/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 5.8% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 9.2% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology S100A9 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKEH00564) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for Human S100A9 has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. After washing,a biotinylated detector antibody specific for Human S100A9 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away.An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Human S100A9 captured in well.
- Kit Component:
Component Amount S100A9 Microplate 96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips) S100A9 Lyophilized Standard 2 100X Biotinylated S100A9 Detector Antibody 1 x 120 uL 100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate 1 x 120 uL Sample Diluent 1 x 20 mL Detector Antibody Diluent 1 x 12 mL Conjugate Diluent 1 x 12 mL 25X Wash Buffer 1 x 30 mL TMB Substrate 1 x 10 mL Stop Solution 1 x 10 mL
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 104%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express S100A9.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express S100A9.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural human Protein S100-A9. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich Immunoassay
- Molecular Weight:
- 13 kDa
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Tips Information:
Submitted anonymously through Aviva's Review Program.
1. What sample types were used with this kit? Urine
2. Were these samples validated or characterized as positive and/or negative controls? No.
3. What dilution worked for your samples? No dilution needed. All samples run neat.