- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Monkey, baboon, Swine, Dog, Cat Rabbit, Rat Mouse, Guinea Pig
- Product Format:
- B314.1 (MAC 387)
- Additional Information:
- Recommended Positive Control: Tonsil, Lymph Node or Spleen
Cellular Localization: cytoplasmic
Presentation: 20 mM tris-borate, 150 mM Sodium Chloride, dialyzed media RPMI 1640/D-MEM containing fetal bovine serum, BMC-6 carrier polysaccharides, carrier protein, and 0.05% Sodium Azide, pH 7.5.
Aliquoting Instructions: GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS: Do not dilute the entire reconstituted solution at once. Withdraw aliquots as needed with a micropipette and keep concentrated stock at 4C. Dilute according to the particular application being used. In general, the 0.05M borate pH 8.0 containing 0.15M sodium chloride, 0.02% sodium azide, is a good dilutent to use with most antibodies. GENERAL INFO: When diluting for immunohistochemistry, ELISA or western blot, make the dilution in Antibody Diluting Buffer. Avoid diluting the entire contents of the vial at once since the diluted solution may have reduced stability.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at 2 - 8C for short term, freeze under -20C for long term storage.
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-20174 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Affinity purified monocyte membrance preparation.
- This antibody reacts with macrophage L1 protein, also known as calprotectin, calgranulin, or cystic fibrosis antigen.
- Application Info:
- Immunohistochemistry 1:50-1:100.
- Protocol Information:
- Staining Procedure: This antibody can be used on formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue sections. Prolonged fixation in buffered formalin can destroy the epitope. This antibody may be used at a dilution 1:50-1:100 in IHC. When using routinely processed tissues, predigestion with trypsin @ 1 mg/ml PBS, 10 mins. at 37 C. or a high temperature antigenic unmasking technique (boiling tissue sections in 10 mM citrate, pH 6.0 for 10-20 mins., folowed by cooling to RT for 10-20 mins.)) is required. The optimal conditions should be determined by the individual laboratory.
- Target Reference:
- 1. Brandzaeg P, Jones DB, Flavell DJ, Fagerhold MK. MAC 387 antibody and detection of formalin resistant myelomonocytic L1 antigen. J Clin Pathol 41: 963-70, 1988.
2. Brandtzaeg P, Dale I, Gabrielsen T-Q The leucocyte protein L1 (calprotein): usefulness as an immunohistochemical marker antigen and putative biological function. Histopathology; 1992.
3. Anderson, CB; et al. Apmis, 1994, 102(1): 23-27.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Protein S100-A8
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Protein S100-A8
- Description of Target:
- Monoclonal Mouse Anti-Human Macrophage/L1 Protein/Calprotectin (Myeloid/Histiocyte Antigen)
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express S100A8.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express S100A8.