- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- ribonucleotide reductase regulatory subunit M2
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Ribonucleoside-diphosphate reductase subunit M2
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- R2, RR2, RR2M
- Description of Target:
- This gene encodes one of two non-identical subunits for ribonucleotide reductase. This reductase catalyzes the formation of deoxyribonucleotides from ribonucleotides. Synthesis of the encoded protein (M2) is regulated in a cell-cycle dependent fashion. Transcription from this gene can initiate from alternative promoters, which results in two isoforms that differ in the lengths of their N-termini. Related pseudogenes have been identified on chromosomes 1 and X.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- 42 kDa
- Affinity purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express RRM2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express RRM2.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human RRM2
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: QYIEFVADRLMLELGFSKVFRVENPFDFMENISLEGKTNFFEKRVGEYQR
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-RRM2 (ARP87047_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP87047
- Printable datasheet for anti-RRM2 (ARP87047_P050) antibody
University of the Pacific
Sample type/lane description: Human NT
Lane 1: Human NT (1 hour)
Lane 2: Human NT + Doxo (1 hour)
Lane 3: Human NT + RRM2 Inhibitor (1 hour)
Lane 4: Human NT + Doxo+ inhibitor (1 hour)
Lane 5: Human NT (24 hours)
Lane 6: Human NT + Doxo (24 hours)
Lane 7: Human NT + RRM2 inhibitor (24 hours)
Lane 8: Human NT + D+ inhibitor (24 hours)
Protocol: Briefly, cells will be homogenized in lysis buffer (Cell Signaling) supplemented with aprotinin, leupeptin, and okadaic acid. Lysates will be clarified by centrifugation, and equal protein will be used for Western blotting. We will standardize loading based on GAPDH or another housekeeping protein. Secondary antibodies will be conjugated with IRDye 800CW or 680RD (LI-COR Biosciences) and proteins will be visualized with a LI-COR Odyssey Imager.