- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Swissprot Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Regulatory-associated protein of mTOR, Raptor, p150 target of rapamycin (TOR)-scaffold protein, RPTOR, KIAA1303, RAPTOR
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-81537 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- Involved in the control of the mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) activity which regulates cell growth and survival, and autophagy in response to nutrient and hormonal signals; functions as a scaffold for recruiting mTORC1 substrates. mTORC1 is activated in response to growth factors or amino acids. Growth factor-stimulated mTORC1 activation involves a AKT1- mediated phosphorylation of TSC1-TSC2, which leads to the activation of the RHEB GTPase that potently activates the protein kinase activity of mTORC1. Amino acid-signaling to mTORC1 requires its relocalization to the lysosomes mediated by the Ragulator complex and the Rag GTPases. Activated mTORC1 up-regulates protein synthesis by phosphorylating key regulators of mRNA translation and ribosome synthesis. mTORC1 phosphorylates EIF4EBP1 and releases it from inhibiting the elongation initiation factor 4E (eiF4E). mTORC1 phosphorylates and activates S6K1 at 'Thr-389', which then promotes protein synthesis by phosphorylating PDCD4 and targeting it for degradation. Involved in ciliogenesis.
- Molecular Weight:
- 149 kDa
- This antibody is purified through a protein G column, followed by dialysis against PBS.
- IHC-P, WB,
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express RPTOR.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express RPTOR.
- This RPTOR antibody is generated from a mouse immunized with recombinant protein.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Product Format:
- Liquid. PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Maintain refrigerated at 2-8C for up to 2 weeks. For long term storage store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Printable datasheet for anti-RPTOR (OAAB18665) antibody
- IgG1, k
- Application Info:
- IHC-P: 1:25
- Application Data:
- WB 1:500~1000
- Intended Use:
- For research use only and not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- Additional Information:
- Cellular Location: Cytoplasm. Lysosome. Cytoplasmic granule. Note=Targeting to lysosomes depends on amino acid availability. In arsenite-stressed cells, accumulates in stress granules when associated with SPAG5 and association with lysosomes is drastically decreased.
Tissue Location Highly expressed in skeletal muscle, and in a lesser extent in brain, lung, small intestine, kidney and placenta. Isoform 3 is widely expressed, with highest levels in nasal mucosa and pituitary and lowest in spleen.
- Target Reference:
- Kim D.-H.,et al.Cell 110:163-175(2002).
Hara K.,et al.Cell 110:177-189(2002).
Zody M.C.,et al.Nature 440:1045-1049(2006).
Mural R.J.,et al.Submitted (JUL-2005) to the EMBL/GenBank/DDBJ databases.
Nagase T.,et al.DNA Res. 7:65-73(2000).
- Tips Information:
1. Species and tissue/cell type used: Mouse splenocytes (KO, WT)
2. Sample preparation: Fresh splenocytes from a strain of mouse we generated and displaying Raptor deficiency in a subset of cells specifically (Raptor KO) and from a littermate control (WT)
3. Primary: 10 ug/mL (1µl in 50µl of Perm/Wash buffer (BD biosciences) for 2x10^6 splenocytes), incubated for 30 min on ice.
4. Secondary: Anti-mouse IgG FITC at 1/50
Staining was done on fresh splenocytes from a strain of mouse we generated and displaying Raptor deficiency in a subset of cells specifically (Raptor KO) and from a littermate control (WT).
Cells were stained for surface markers allowing identification of this subset.
This was followed by permeabilization using the Cytofix/cytoperm kit according to manufacturer instructions.
The Aviva anti-Raptor Ab was then added at a concentration of 10µg/ml (1µl in 50µl of Perm/Wash buffer for 2x10^6 splenocytes) and incubated for 30 min on ice.
Cells were then washed and resuspended in 50µl Perm/Wash buffer plus the secondary antibody (Anti-mouse IgG FITC at 1/50) and incubated for 30 min on ice.
Cells were then washed, resuspended and acquired on a LSRII (BD biosciences). Analysis was performed using FlowJo (TreeStar).