- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Rho-associated protein kinase 2
- Alias Symbols:
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-100425 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- Rho-associated kinase (ROCK), including the ROCK-I and ROCK-II isoforms, is a protein kinase involved in signaling from Rho to actin cytoskeleton. Serine/threonine kinase ROCK II/Rho kinase, which is an isozyme of ROCK I, is one of the targets for the small GTPase Rho. ROCK II regulates the formation of actin stress fibers and focal adhesions, cytokinesis, smooth muscle contraction, and the activation of c-fos serum response element. Sequencing analysis has shown that human ROCK II contains 1388 amino acid residues with a calculated molecular mass of approximately 161 kDa. Fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis showed that the human ROCK II gene is located on chromosome 2p24. Thumkeo et al. concluded that ROCK-II is essential in inhibiting blood coagulation and maintaining blood flow in the endothelium-free labyrinth layer and that loss of ROCK-II leads to thrombus formation, placental dysfunction, intrauterine growth retardation, and fetal death.
- Immunogen affinity purified.
- WB, IHC-P
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express ROCK2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express ROCK2.
- E.coli-derived human ROCK2 recombinant protein (Position: E652-D923). Human ROCK2 shares 94.9% and 95.2% amino acid (aa) sequence identity with mouse and rat ROCK2, respectively.
- Product Format:
- Lyophilized. Each vial contains 5mg BSA, 0.9mg NaCl, 0.2mg Na2HPO4, 0.05mg NaN3.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 0.2 ml of distilled water will yield a concentration of 500 ug/ml. +4C
- Application Info:
- WB: The detection limit for ROCK2 is approximately 0.1ng/lane under reducing conditions.
Tested Species: In-house tested species with positive results.
By Heat: Boiling the paraffin sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH6.0, for 20mins is required for the staining of formalin/paraffin sections.
Other applications have not been tested.
Optimal dilutions should be determined by end users.
- Target Reference:
- 1. Takahashi, N.; Tuiki, H.; Saya, H.; Kaibuchi, K. : Localization of the gene coding for ROCK II/Rho kinase on human chromosome 2p24. Genomics 55: 235-237, 1999.
2. Thumkeo, D.; Keel, J.; Ishizaki, T.; Hirose, M.; Nonomura, K.; Oshima, H.; Oshima, M.; Taketo, M. M.; Narumiya, S. : Targeted disruption of the mouse Rho-associated kinase 2 gene results in intrauterine growth retardation and fetal death. Molec. Cell. Biol. 23: 5043-5055, 2003.