- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- CTP synthase II
- Protein Name:
- CTP synthase 2
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- DKFZp686C17207, FLJ43358, MGC32997
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-142625 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene catalyzes the formation of CTP from UTP with the concomitant deamination of glutamine to glutamate. This protein is the rate-limiting enzyme in the synthesis of cytosine nucleotides, which play an important role in various metabolic processes and provide the precursors necessary for the synthesis of RNA and DNA. Cancer cells that exhibit increased cell proliferation also exhibit an increased activity of this encoded protein. Thus, this protein is an attractive target for selective chemotherapy. Three alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding the same protein have been described for this gene.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- IHC, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CTPS2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CTPS2.
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 93%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Pig: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%; Zebrafish: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-CTPS2 (ARP62443_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: AKRENFCNIHVSLVPQLSATGEQKTKPTQNSVRALRGLGLSPDLIVCRSS
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- CTPS2; SPG21; RNF2; LRSAM1; EHD4; EHD1; PLIN3; MTMR2; WARS; PRKDC; NUCB1; METTL1; KTN1; HSF1; GTF2I; DHPS; RPL37A; RPL23A; FGFR1; CTBP2; UBC; SUMO2; OTUD5;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-CTPS2 (ARP62443_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP62443 (Previous Catalog # AAPP48741)
- Printable datasheet for anti-CTPS2 (ARP62443_P050) antibody
- Sample Type Confirmation:
CTPS2 is supported by BioGPS gene expression data to be expressed in HeLa
Researcher: S. John Calise, Edward Chan Lab, University of Florida
Species + Tissue/Cell type: Human Hep-2 cells
Primary antibody dilution: 1:500
Secondary antibody: Goat anti-rabbit-Alexa Fluor 568
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:400
|How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?||CTPS1 is a known component of the rods and rings structure that we study. We are still in the process of determining if CTPS2 is involved.|
|How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why?||5, it's good because we have used other CTPS2 antibodies that crossreact with CTPS1 and show positive staining for rods and rings. This antibody may
be good because it was negative for rods and rings so it's possible we can use it in our process of determining the role of CTPS2 in these structures.
|Would you use this antibody in future experiments?||Possibly|
|Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?||Yes|
|Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva's website is correct?||Yes|
|If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?||Possibly, if we can use it to help show that CTPS2 is not a component|
|How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?||In 4 degrees celsius with sodium azide|
|Sample Description (please include species type and tissue/cell type):||Human Hep-2 cells|
|Please explain fixation solution/method used (formalin, periodate-lysine-paraformaldehyde, acetone, etc.)?||N/A, used commercial slides from INOVA Diagnostics|
|How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?||2|
|Primary antibody dilution, incubation time and temperature:||1:500, 1 hour, RT|
|Secondary antibody used, dilution, incubation time and temperature:||Alexa Fluor 568 Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L), 1:400, 45 minutes, RT|
|From your IHC/ICC images, briefly explain the colors of each stain and counterstain:||Red: CTPS2 throughout the cell, Blue: nuclei stained by DAPI|
|Did you use an antigen retrieval method? If so, please explain?||N/A|
|What controls were used in your experiment?||positive control with anti-RR positive human serum It2006, additional positive control with other IMPDH2 antibody known to work|
|Please include your detailed tissue preparation and staining procedure/protocol here:||No tissue prep done, used commercial substrate.
Incubate with primary antibody 1:500 in 1x PBS for 1 hour at RT.
Aspirate primary antibody, gently wash with 1x PBS several times.
Incubate with secondary antibody 1:400 in 1x PBS for 45 minutes at RT in dark.
Aspirate secondary antibody, gently wash with 1x PBS several times.
Add 1:10 dilution of Vector Labs Vectashield w/ DAPI in 1x PBS to each well.
Place coverglass on slide and seal edges with nail polish.
Let nail polish dry in dark.