- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- IREL, I-REL, REL-B, RELB
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Description of Target:
- NF-kappa-B is a pleiotropic transcription factor which is present in almost all cell types and is involved in many biological processed such as inflammation, immunity, differentiation, cell growth, tumorigenesis and apoptosis. NF-kappa-B is a homo- or heterodimeric complex formed by the Rel-like domain-containing proteins RELA/p65, RELB, NFKB1/p105, NFKB1/p50, REL and NFKB2/p52. The dimers bind at kappa-B sites in the DNA of their target genes and the individual dimers have distinct preferences for different kappa-B sites that they can bind with distinguishable affinity and specificity. Different dimer combinations act as transcriptional activators or repressors, respectively. NF-kappa-B is controlled by various mechanisms of post-translational modification and subcellular compartmentalization as well as by interactions with other cofactors or corepressors. NF-kappa-B complexes are held in the cytoplasm in an inactive state complexed with members of the NF-kappa-B inhibitor (I-kappa-B) family. In a conventional activation pathway, I-kappa-B is phosphorylated by I-kappa-B kinases (IKKs) in response to different activators, subsequently degraded thus liberating the active NF-kappa-B complex which translocates to the nucleus. NF-kappa-B heterodimeric RelB-p50 and RelB-p52 complexes are transcriptional activators. RELB neither associates with DNA nor with RELA/p65 or REL. Stimulates promoter activity in the presence of NFKB2/p49.
- Molecular Weight:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express RELB.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express RELB.
- Protein Interactions:
- NFKB2; NFKB1; BCL3; NEK6; DNMT1; DAXX; MT1M; GSK3B; CTSL; CDK1; BUD31; UQCRFS1; MTAP; COMMD9; COMMD5; MALT1; COMMD1; COMMD8; COMMD4; COMMD10; COMMD2; UBC; RAC1; SUZ12; RELA; EZH2; DPF2; YY1; CBX3; EHMT2; NFKBIA; KPNA6; SMARCA4; SMARCE1; SMARCC2; SMARCC1;
- Quality Control:
- This product was tested on western blot.
Application : Western blot standard.
Observed Molecular Weight: 45
Expression system : Bacteria
- GST in N-terminal
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 200ul of distilled water. Final concentration is 1 mg/ml. For longer periods of storage, store at -20C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- Additional Information:
- Buffer Formulation: 0.1M Tris-HCl (pH 6.8) buffer containing 0.2M DTT, 4% SDS, 0.2% Bromophenol blue and 20% Sucrose.