- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Regulator of calcineurin 1
- Protein Name:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- ADAPT78, CSP1, DSC1, DSCR1, MCIP1, RCN1
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-119849 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- RCAN1 interacts with calcineurin A and inhibits calcineurin-dependent signaling pathways, possibly affecting central nervous system development. This gene is located in the minimal candidate region for the Down syndrome phenotype, and is overexpressed in the brain of Down syndrome fetuses. Chronic overexpression of this gene may lead to neurofibrillary tangles such as those associated with Alzheimer disease.The protein encoded by this gene interacts with calcineurin A and inhibits calcineurin-dependent signaling pathways, possibly affecting central nervous system development. This gene is located in the minimal candidate region for the Down syndrome phenotype, and is overexpressed in the brain of Down syndrome fetuses. Chronic overexpression of this gene may lead to neurofibrillary tangles such as those associated with Alzheimer disease. Three transcript variants encoding three different isoforms have been found for this gene.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express RCAN1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express RCAN1.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human RCAN1
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 93%; Rat: 100%; Sheep: 100%; Zebrafish: 79%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-RCAN1 (ARP38457_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: PVINYDLLYAISKLGPGEKYELHAATDTTPSVVVHVCESDQEKEEEEEME
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- UBC; PPP3CA; NEDD8; APP; FBXW11; BTRC; FBXW4; TOLLIP; TRAF6; IRAK1; HSP90AA1; STAT2; GSK3B; MAP3K3; MAPK3; UXT;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-RCAN1 (ARP38457_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP38457 (Previous Catalog # AAPP23169)
- Printable datasheet for anti-RCAN1 (ARP38457_P050) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Riper,D.V., (2008) Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 472 (1), 43-50
Voronov, I. et al. The R740S mutation in the V-ATPase a3 subunit increases lysosomal pH, impairs NFATc1 translocation, and decreases in vitro osteoclastogenesis. J. Bone Miner. Res. 28, 108-18 (2013). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish 22865292
Polina Sysa Shah and Dr. Gabrielson
John Hopkins Medical Institute
1. Sample type: Mouse heart, left ventricle. Lysates were prepared from the left ventricles of the hearts of 2-3 months old male mice.
2. Primary antibody dilution: 1:1000.
3. Secondary antibody and dilution: Goat anti-rabbit IgG conjugated to horseradish peroxidase, 1:5000.
Loading buffer: NuPage LDS Sample Buffer (4X)
Gel: NuPage 4-12% Bis-Tris gel , 15 wells
Running buffer: NuPAGE® MOPS SDS Running Buffer
Transfer buffer: Tris-base (25mM), Glycine (190mM), 20% methanol
Blocking: Blotting-Grade Blocker (5% non-fat milk)
Strong signal, but a few non-specific bands.
University of Toronto