- Alias Symbols:
- Vegf, VEGF164, Vegfa
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Vascular endothelial growth factor A
- Description of Target:
- RECOMBINANT RAT VEGF
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- 38.5kD (165 amino acid residues)
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Vegfa.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Vegfa.
- Product Format:
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- % by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor) is a heparin-binding cytokine and member of the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family, which acts as a vasodilator, regulator of vasculogenesis, and is a potent stimulator of angiogenesis of both normal and cancerous cells.
All VEGF family members act through binding to the tyrosine kinase receptors VEGFR-1 (Flt-1) and VEGFR-2 (KDR/CD309), and the functional forms of VEGF, which exist as disulphide-linked homodimers, are classified according to the number of amino acid residues within a constitutive polypeptide chain e.g VEGF165.
- Additional Information:
- Activity: Determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC). The expected ED50 is 4.0-8.0 ng/ml.
Approx Protein Conc: 0.1mg/ml
- Endotoxin Level: < 1EU/ug
- Label Protein Molar Ratio: Purified recombinant VEGF expressed in E.coli
Preservative: None present
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: Reconstitute with 100ul distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Aviva Systems Biology recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Printable datasheet for OPSA11168
- Tips Information: